Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dresdon's DF-12 Stainless Steel Jetpack build(MOAR METALSTORM)

• 77 Replies

Prudii Senaar

• Copaani mirshmure'cye, vod?
Re: Dresdon's DF-12 Stainless Steel Jetpack build(MOAR METALSTORM)
« Reply #75 on: Dec 28, 2013, 01:05 AM »
I've got an idea, and I can just shut up if I'm wrong or if this is stupid buuuutttt
would it make sense to do something with a sort of motor and some gear thingies, to make them just go in a straight motion , so they go from concealed somewhere to sorta sticking out the top like that?

Okay that was an awful description :laugh:

Elegant Mandos' Tea Society #60

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:32 AM »
No I have been considering that, where they fold downwards to be in an "aimed towards the sky" position or even so they retract down into the jetpack. I recently came across various motors at Princess Auto that might work I just have no idea if they need carbatery 12V or if C batteries can make enough current :X and then if that motor works I'll have it so that I have a current bias switch on my gauntlet with 3 poles so that one side makes them go up, and one side makes them go down. Obviosuly a switch like this would function based on "I think its up or is the motor burning out and they're jammed in place?" XD

but I'm going to get the motors to test it out anyways, their only like $10 but kinda big, if thy get more powerful motors maybe I'll do the same system except small rotary blasters moving from "aimed upwards" to "aimed forwards" but if I can do that I should also be able to install a rotary sensor with a small LED display(3 LEDs) arranged to show which position their in as well. BUUUUUT with upgrades like that in mind I'm just going to make a new jetpack all together  to go with the future gauntlet replacement as well XD

edit: although just for reference, mini linear actuators for robotics(2"-6") go for about $80-$150 USD each so that's a bit much for one part of the jetpack unless I got them for free or the jetpack cooked me dinner and did the groceries with its own money...

plus, I plan on getting a co2 rig sometime in the future, same thing they run wetline nitrous with....

@Drak: I just got my laptop back so if I get a chance I'll snap a short vid explaining them.

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2013, 10:40 AM by Dresdon Acacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #77 on: Jan 19, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Im going to be puttign my jetpack up for sale after a bit of maintenace on it, this is to fund enw welding equiptment that I will use to make better commissions and new armour because my body type has changed a bit and my chest plates are a bit wide for me and theres about a 1" gap at the sides of my backplate.

so basiacly chest, jetpack, gaunts FS

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!