Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nickel's OSDW Soft Parts

• 24 Replies

Nickel

• Death Watch
Re: Nickel's OSDW Soft Parts
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 11:45 PM »
I attached my chest plates and diamond to the vest using velcro.  The belly plate still needs to be attached.

I tried to use as many big pieces of velcro as possible; then I would fill in blank spaces with scraps.

I never took pictures of the cape I did before I started the vest. It is mostly done but I will finish it up once everything else is ready to go. Here is the neck hole for now.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #16 on: Jun 21, 2012, 11:50 PM »
Minor update.

I have made a tab for the collar of my flight-suit to cover the gap in front.  I used one of the pockets that I had removed.  No pictures, but I will take some once I get it attached to the collar.
It will be similar to the collar on the X-wing suit.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #17 on: Jul 01, 2012, 04:38 PM »
Here are the pictures of the collar tab.

The Keldabe Necktie

I also made some straps for the wrists and ankles of the flight suit.  I left some space on one end of the strap in case I decided to sew them to the flightsuit.

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2012, 08:19 PM »
I made a holster for my DL-44 today.  Unfortunately, I didn't get too many pictures along the way.

I made my own pattern out of poster board and then transferred that to the leather. 

Then I punched holes so I could sew the holster together.

Once I had everything sewn, I wet the leather and put the gun inside it as it dried.  This should form the holster to the gun.

======================================================

I also mad a holster for my DE-10 but I got even fewer pictures.  :-[  The second holster went much faster and much easier than the first one.  I did have trouble making the pattern, so I didn't cut out the trigger hole until after I had formed the holster to the gun.

I didn't really plan the belt attachment method beforehand, so I had to make some belt loops.

I then dyed the holsters and belt loops. Once everything was dry, I riveted the belt loops to the holsters.  The holsters look black under certain lighting conditions, but they are actually a dark brown.  Some of the pictures include a black leather belt for comparison.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2012, 01:08 AM by Nickel » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Nice Vod ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Minor update. I haven't even looked at this costume since before C6, so I'm happy to have gotten anything accomplished.   I sewed the sides of my vest together because just overlapping them didn't look very good.  This is something Falin suggested when I posted pics of it earlier.   I admit this does look a lot better.  I can even slip the whole thing on over my head with the armor on it.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #21 on: Oct 22, 2012, 10:02 AM »
Not bad at all with your holsters, but you could've gone in closer with the stitching.

You can see what i mean if you look at mine. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=16948.msg725793#msg725793

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #22 on: Oct 22, 2012, 02:14 PM »
Thanks.  This was my first attempt at working leather so I played it safe.  I bought a book on making holsters and followed their instructions.  The guns are fairly thick and the paper templates seemed too small, so I wanted to be sure the guns fit .  I will know better next time.

Nickel

• Death Watch
« Reply #23 on: Jun 04, 2013, 09:19 PM »
I bought some new boots and gloves for my costume.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #24 on: Jun 05, 2013, 04:05 PM »
Very Nice ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!