Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jacad's Soft equipment WIP

• 22 Replies

Jacad Moonstar

• The Ghost of Alaris Prime
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Jacad's Soft equipment WIP
« on: Mar 19, 2012, 03:49 AM »
 Here is where I'll post everything related to soft equipment for my V2 kit.

As I calculated, I'm guessing it'll take more than a year to complete this kit. So this year, I want to tackle all my soft equipment.

It'll also be here where I'll ask questions So I am not making a hundred threads asking questions

My List:

Flightsuit: ???

Flak vest:    ;) Just got my vest from Kr'aam, It's a beaut!

Girth Belt:  ;)

Brown Leather belt: Where can i find some good ones?

Ammo Pouches: I'm currently Eyeing Mosin Nagant Ammo pouches, there maybe other ammo pouches I could find, like Kar98 Ammo pouches.

Carpenter Pouch: I found a nice one, haven't got it yet, just need to cut off the logo, this pouch is for my tools, since I volunteered to be the clan engineer

Ankle Spats: just ordered a pair of Boba styled spats

Cape:  ;) Have one, just need to downsize it and weather the living crap of out it!

Gloves:  Thinking about getting some Boba style

Neck Seal:  ;) it's built into the vest, no worries!

Boots:  ;) I'm using my first kit's boots, might add toe spikes if I know how

leather holster:

Jetpack Harness

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2012, 01:20 AM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

♫Springtime for Vader and Palpatine! Winter time for Alderaan and Hoth!♫

Jacad Moonstar

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Jacad's Soft equipment WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2012, 01:30 AM »
Here is my Flight suit I got.

It's a one piece coverall of the medium size. It's well-fit on my frame. I can do nearly everything with no problem, squatting, jumping. When I raise my arms up though, all sleeves reside.

I'm quite certain It'll not be a problem as I begin this as my kit's foundation.

Being a Color nazi, I am quite happy this is almost the same color as the paint I use for my bucket. It isn't precise but close.

Another thing I'm very happy about is that is has a few pockets, not as many as my air force flight suit.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2012, 01:49 AM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:42 AM »
I got a question that may require some color judgement:

My primary colors of my kit is Black and Dark green. Gray happens to be my accent color. Is it alright to have off white to sort of counter the dark colors?

This is sort of a rough look of what i'm talking about.

The Gray being my flak vest and the off white coming off my girth belt, ankle spats and neck seal?

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2012, 05:21 PM »
After hearing some people's feedback around me, I found Navy blue to be a better accent color for my secondary accent color instead of off white. So that means my ankle spats, girth belt and neck seal will be navy blue

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2012, 11:06 PM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2012, 07:48 PM »
What you are planning looks alot like what you have already bud !  :D

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Lol, just organizing, and setting down everything for my next kit

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2012, 11:04 PM »
Oh, here's a quick one with my cape

I've had this cape for a while, I was about to banish it to the dump until last minute I saved it realizing what uses it could have

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2012, 03:20 PM »
Question: What type of gloves should I look for?

I always keep seeing these Utility gloves in hardware stores. I like how fit they are, but I hate that they have their logos plastered all over them. Should I still look at these with interest? IF so, What methods should I use to get their logos off?

MVS Founder

Cajun

• Strata Vekis - Ne'tra Vhipir Clan's Medic
  • Awards Dr Mando is the award for the best Medic in the Medic Brigade. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2012, 03:29 PM »
Question: What type of gloves should I look for?

I always keep seeing these Utility gloves in hardware stores. I like how fit they are, but I hate that they have their logos plastered all over them. Should I still look at these with interest? IF so, What methods should I use to get their logos off?

I'm using hands guards to cover up the logo on my gloves

For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you...”
– Yoda

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2012, 04:32 PM »
I'm using hands guards to cover up the logo on my gloves
I might as well get hand guards, no harm in doing so. Im also going to cut some finger as well

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Well, I got my hands on some Utility gloves. I Like how these have spandex, allowing my hands to breath. I thought about cutting the tip of the index finger...

What do you guys think?

Oh and I'm definatly putting armor over the top of my hands

MVS Founder

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2012, 08:43 AM »
Make sure to lose the logos, Other than that they're fine.

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2012, 08:10 PM »
What are some ways I can rid of the logos?

The top i'll cover with armor. but the bottom is where I'm stumped

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2012, 08:14 PM »
As I'm waiting for my Girth belt to arrive. I'm am debating whether I should buy these Ankle spats that TK-409 have for Boba fett or should I make my own Ankle spats?

I have decided I am going to make my own Neck seal, thanks to Sahi's tutorial. Both are gonna be Navy blue.

Why I'm putting Ankle spats in a Jango Style kit is for two reasons:

- My boot plate armor is black and so are my boots. The Ankle spats will dispel the colors a bit.
-As a possible method in helping for boot plate attachment

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2012, 08:25 PM by Jacad Adfai » Logged
MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2012, 05:36 PM »
Awesome news!

I just got my girthbelt from Horse loverz. It looks perfect!! Now I need to color into navy blue

There is only one problem...how do i put this thing on if both ends have these?

MVS Founder

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2012, 05:51 PM »
What are some ways I can rid of the logos?

The top i'll cover with armor. but the bottom is where I'm stumped

You might be able to sand them off, failing that cut them off, pick out the stiching.

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
« Reply #16 on: Apr 21, 2012, 09:25 PM »
Well the belt attaches to a saddle so it has same end on both sides. However depending on how it fits you. You could make two leather straps to connect the two buckle sides. Or maybe a small panel with two strap tabs off each side? Hope thos gices you some ideas. Anyway good luck vod

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #17 on: Apr 21, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Well the belt attaches to a saddle so it has same end on both sides. However depending on how it fits you. You could make two leather straps to connect the two buckle sides. Or maybe a small panel with two strap tabs off each side? Hope this gets you some ideas. Anyway good luck vod

Lol, I was thinking about getting something to help bind the buckles together. The belt just fits me perfect, just slightly small, with some slack my back can be seen a bit. I doubt that'll be a problem with my jetpack covering most of my back

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #18 on: Apr 21, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Looks like i'm coming across a new roadblock and I need color judgement on the double!

Debating about my Kit's colors. Black and Green are my primary colors of my kit. The problem is that I have no determined my accent color.

I first thought gray, but than I suddenly thought of Off-white and than Navy blue...Now my mind is in shambles on what accent color i want. Please help me!

Using the Mando Maker and MS paint, I made all three with the accent colors i mentioned. As an extra note, I decided my that the visor on my bucket will be mirrored...

If Gray is choose, I'll use the same duckcloth I used for the vest of my sleeves as you can see on my current kit i'm wearing...

MVS Founder

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 21, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Bottom ! I also like the colours you have.

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #20 on: Apr 24, 2012, 03:00 AM »
Thanks, Vod! Now I can think more clearly...

For my personal preference, yes, my neckseal and spats will be gray, but I'll keep my girth belt it's white, just need to dirty 'er up.

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2012, 03:38 PM »
New updates: I got everything except two major components to complete my entire Soft Equipment list: Gloves and Ammo Belt.

For the Gloves, I've decided I want to get Boba Style gloves, ESB colors to by precise.

For a Belt, I'm currently in thought. What is bugging me: Is there an issue if I have my buckle exposed? I keep thinking about getting ordinary belt with random ammo pouches, Giving me the freedom to change the pouches. For Clan Purposed, being the Mobile Engineer, I want to get a carpenter pouch to hold most of my tools.

MVS Founder

Jacad Moonstar

« Reply #22 on: Oct 05, 2012, 01:22 AM »
New problem:
 The flightsuit I currently have is Medium size and It seems rather tight.  My pant legs and sleeves seem a bit short, not giving me space I'd like...Looks Like I need to go a size up

MVS Founder

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!