Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Xelement Boots

• 12 Replies

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Xelement Boots
« on: Mar 26, 2012, 08:49 PM »
A while back, one of us posted these wonderful motorcycle boots made by Xelement http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Boots/Xelement-Mens-Advanced-Dual-Strap-Leather-Boots-with-Vibram-Soles/97543.html Well, they hadn't been available until about a month ago and I scooped up a pair!  See, my calves are too darn big, and the Xelements are excellent for this reason.  Plus, they look great!  Here's how they look now-

I got some rapid rivets and plastic signs and created the armor plates...I'm questioning the look and functionality of the toe cap and the heel.  I'm considering taking the toe cap and heel off and just putting a piece of plastic over the bridge of the foot.  Opinions?  I'd like some feedback in particular on this.

Aliit orishya taldin.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Xelement Boots
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2012, 09:08 PM »
My two cents?  I like the heel plate, but it'll most likely crack over repeated wear, so be careful.  Also, the cap toe ain't working.  Go ahead with a bridge plate- I think it'll work out better for you.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Technically, where you don't have laces, there is no need for a lower plate. I would keep the heel plate, and add a set of toe spikes and call it good.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2012, 08:48 AM »
Technically, where you don't have laces, there is no need for a lower plate. I would keep the heel plate, and add a set of toe spikes and call it good.

^This. Throw on a set of toe spikes and you'll have a great set of kicks!

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:03 AM »
yeah, i couldn't resolve the toe cap to a point where I was happy with it, and it seems like the consensus is to lose it.  I wouldn't be sure on toe hooks, I'm a bit of a clumsy fella.  I'm also going to have to remove the heel armor, it keeps popping off when I don them  :(

Aliit orishya taldin.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:29 AM »
On one of my pairs of Boots I just Drilled a Hole in the Center Seam of the Heal .
Then I ran a Small bolt (from the inside) then capped it with an acorn nut ..... You could
use a Spiked nut if you wish ...... Ya know like the Head bangers & Punk Rockers have all over the place .

Now that could look great if you don't mind drilling a few holes in new boots ......

http://www.google.com/products?q=spikes+and+studs&hl=en

Good luck vod ....... I love a Great pair of Bad Sheeb boots ....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:38 AM »
My two cents?  I like the heel plate, but it'll most likely crack over repeated wear, so be careful. 

I've had no issue with my heel armor, they're nice an sturdy and it's just gorilla glued onto my boot.

I'm also going to have to remove the heel armor, it keeps popping off when I don them  :(
On one of my pairs of Boots I just Drilled a Hole in the Center Seam of the Heal .
Then I ran a Small bolt (from the inside) then capped it with an acorn nut ..... You could
use a Spiked nut if you wish

That's a great idea to try!
Don't give up on them yet!

Omega

• Thread Killer
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2012, 01:41 PM »
I have this exact pair of  boots. Some armor is needed at the top due to the element logo at the top.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2012, 01:45 PM by Omega » Logged

Killing threads since 2013

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:06 PM »
His shin plates will cover that.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Gonna look into some spikes, something subtle....I don't want friggin' swords on the fronts of my boots.  And the screwbacks look neat.  Where could I buy them offline?  Like at a Spencers gifts or hot topic?

Aliit orishya taldin.

Omega

• Thread Killer
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2012, 11:41 PM »
The only Problem with removing the Heel plate is the Xelement Logo on the heel.

Killing threads since 2013

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2012, 10:17 PM »
Simple enough fix omega, sand it down, apply boot-black.

BTW- hot topic, spencers gifts, ac moore, joannes fabrics?  negatory on the spikes :/  I just ordered some off amazon.  I'll post pics when she's finished!

Aliit orishya taldin.

Arashi

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Tandy Leather sells spikes in multiple sizes and styles, some screw on, some rivet on.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!