Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jobatt M'dano

• 31 Replies

Jobatt

• Goes where the money leads.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Jobatt M'dano
« on: Apr 02, 2012, 11:58 PM »
Now that I've officially debuted my kit at ECCC, here's the post for it.

(source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laura-kali/7034092933/)

(and a few more offsite flickr pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/architecturegeek/7036397315/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/architecturegeek/7036330799/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/architecturegeek/7036336413/)

This was a hell of a blast working on this past year, and I hope you guys like it.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2012, 01:39 AM by Jobatt » Logged
Jobatt M'dano - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=49720.0
Mando 0571 -  Events Trooped: 3 Unofficial, 17 Official

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Jobatt M'dano
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2012, 01:52 AM »
Love the copper & black combo  8)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2012, 02:12 AM »
Looking good ner'vod ;) Is that the bagpipe playing unicyclin Vader weve seen in vids ?

Jobatt

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2012, 02:33 AM »
That is in fact our one and only Portland Unipiper. I had no idea he'd be up at ECCC as well, so it was quite the surprise to be able to get a pic with him.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2012, 02:37 AM »
Loved the vids ! Now i can tell folk where he comes from, thanks ner'vod ;)

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Do i spy another orange visor?
Looks great!

Teren Clan

Jobatt

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Thanks man. Good to see another orange-eye walking the boards.

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Great looking kit.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2012, 11:42 PM »
Yep! Definitely looking good!!

Jobatt

« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2012, 12:14 AM »
Thanks Vode. Also, was pointed to another excellent pic from the con.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2012, 03:09 PM »
I do like your kit Vod ;D Love the segmented look of your plates.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jobatt

« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2012, 04:43 AM »
Why thank you sir!

« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2012, 05:45 AM »
Do NOT drop those Aurra Sing blasters!  :o Mine already has a few dings and pieces broken off  :(

Kit looks good, vod! Way better then mine when I debuted it last year at WonderCon '11.

Aden Catra - The Rage of the Night Sky

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2012, 04:44 PM »
I find it hilarious I'm in almost all of these photos  :laugh:

And the Aurra Sing blaster was mine, A'den.  ;)

Like I said in person Jobatt, excellent kit, really digging the weathering.

Only thing I can think you need to tweak would be the cape since it was giving you trouble at the con. Oh and get a sling, a sheath, and some holsters so you can walk around with all your weapons at once.

« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Even more so! Do NOT drop Thaxos's Aurra Sing blasters!  :o

:D

Aden Catra - The Rage of the Night Sky

Jobatt

« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2012, 08:48 PM »
But... I don't think I ever held his aurra sing... *shrug* And yeah, that's the plan is to create a means for carrying all of my goodies. The cape issue is fixed, so long as I have someone else fasten the string for me.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:01 PM »
But... I don't think I ever held his aurra sing... *shrug* And yeah, that's the plan is to create a means for carrying all of my goodies. The cape issue is fixed, so long as I have someone else fasten the string for me.

I think I trusted you with it... Once  ;D

Yeah, once you get holstered up and decked out in weapons, you'll be looking even more rad than you currently are.

Oh, thought of one other thing. The wraps you've got on the shins, might give it a bit more depth if you wrap it layered in strips, or pleat it to give that appearance. (Think Starkiller style)

Jobatt

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:21 PM »
Hmmm.... is not a bad idea actually. My wraps are more meant to act as a means to blend my boots with my suit more seamlessly, creating the illusion of taller boots. I kind of like the look starkiller has... though his appear to go all around the boot as well... I'll look into making something like that... I'm envisioning something that looks like lots of wrapped fabric, but is really one larger piece... with velcro on the bottom of the boots to close up the part that wraps under there.

We'll see... I got a new pair of boots before ECCC, but I haven't decided what to use them on yet.  ;)

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2012, 10:28 PM by Thaxos » Logged

Thaxos

« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Hmmm.... is not a bad idea actually. My wraps are more meant to act as a means to blend my boots with my suit more seamlessly, creating the illusion of taller boots. I kind of like the look starkiller has... though his appear to go all around the boot as well... I'll look into making something like that... I'm envisioning something that looks like lots of wrapped fabric, but is really one larger piece... with velcro on the bottom of the boots to close up the part that wraps under there.

We'll see... I got a new pair of boots before ECCC, but I haven't decided what to use them on yet.

I do believe the same idea would tie in nicely with your girth wrap as well.

Ko' Tetsu

• A long time ago...I started working on my armor...
« Reply #19 on: Apr 21, 2012, 11:56 PM »
I have to say, your kit is definitely one of my favorites. Not sure whos i like better between yours and Thaxos' kit. May i ask what you used for your flak vest?

Formerly Darth_Sarge

Jobatt

« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2012, 01:54 AM »
Thanks Ner Vod! And actually my flack vest is a paintball vest I found at Goodwill and turned inside out. Got kind of lucky there. I'm planning at some point to change it out for a more traditional style vest, just because there are some issues where the vest doesn't like to fold when I sit, but yeah it was a lucky find.

Ko' Tetsu

• A long time ago...I started working on my armor...
« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Thanks That will help me broaden my thrift store search parameters for usable items.  :D

Formerly Darth_Sarge

Jobatt

« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Good luck vod.

Anyhow, I thought I'd include a timeline of the costume from when I first started all the way through it's completion and debut.

"First" pic of the "costume" in action - May/June 2011

First time out with the costume in a mostly wearable state - PAX Prime 2011

First time out with a helmet in a wearable state - Kumoricon 2011

First time as a nearly complete kit - Portland comic book show 2011

Complete costume for application pics - March 2012

Full Debut of the costume as an Official Member of the Mercs - Emerald City Comic Con 2012

As you can see, my costume went through a bunch of different design changes and paint scheme variations before I arrived at my final stage.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2012, 04:26 PM »
Nice to see the evolution of your kit Vod ;D

got to say im a fan of your kit ;) looks great ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Thaxos

« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Progression in text format:

Scratchbuilt helmet
Armor
Helmet and Armor
Looking good
Even better
Suddenly, Thaxos has appeared  :P
Armor is now of awesome proportions.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!