Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Acceptable boots?

• 3 Replies

Goram Korr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Acceptable boots?
« on: Apr 13, 2012, 11:02 PM »
I was out shopping today with the wife at a DSW and I found the boots below. They were laceless/strapless and are extremely comfortable. They were marked from 130.00 down to 30.00 so I snatched them. Im assuming they're passable due to no laces but if Im wrong feel free to set me straight :D. If they're A-OK Im planning on wearing them like a pair of Boba boots since they arent high top boots as you can tell but I have a few questions. On the inside of each boot there is a zipper (to get my foot in obviously). From what Ive read exposed zippers arent allowed so whats a good way to hide a zipper on boots? Also besides a heel plate to hide the little tiny logo on the back whats standard armor to put on this type of boot? Im assuming toe spikes but since my pants will be covering the top part of the boots I dont think armor up above would be too logical. Would it look goofy to just put on a heel plate and toe spikes?

Merc #706
VRCA #22
BMC OM #8
Most of BMC is over achievers. I only go quarter tassel at most.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Acceptable boots?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2012, 07:00 AM »
On the side shouldn't be a problem, especially where your pant leg will cover most of it. Also, a heel and toe plate should look fine, I mean look at Boba, he only had toe spikes on soft boots.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Ths an awesome find! The zipper will be fine (I have the same on my boots), and your armor idea will work as well. Worst comes to worse if you thought it looked funny you could add a plate to the top of the foot. But I don't think you'll have any issues.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2012, 08:49 AM »
Those boots are fine ;) .

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!