Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Another "Will These Boots Pass?" Thread

• 12 Replies

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
Another "Will These Boots Pass?" Thread
« on: Apr 09, 2012, 05:38 PM »

After seeing The Hunger Games, and loving it, I wanted their boots. Found these after scouring the interwebs for a few days. I would love to use them for my kit too, I think they'd do nicely with some toe spikes. What say you vode?

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Another "Will These Boots Pass?" Thread
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2012, 05:40 PM »
Bad link.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2012, 05:50 PM »

It shows on my computer fine... odd. Take two?

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Hmmm, that's a good idea. I never though about using tanker boots.

"What do you extract?"
Anything and everything, but I was specifically trained in acquiring information from people.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2012, 06:49 PM »
Those are exactly what I've been looking for.  Where'd find them?

Never mind, I found them. Definitely not budget kit boots.  I'll stick with my original plan.

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012, 07:20 PM by MandalorianEwok » Logged

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2012, 09:24 PM »
Yeah, Ewok, they aren't cheap, but I liked them so much I MIGHT make an exception. I'd wear them all the time lol If you do a little digging you might be able to find something similar for cheaper. I liked these half because they were in the movie.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Yeah, I think the only way I could even consider getting them is to use them riding my motorcycle.  :P

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2012, 11:56 PM »
If you look around for Military surplus stuff, you can usually get them cheap and already broken in.

"What do you extract?"
Anything and everything, but I was specifically trained in acquiring information from people.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2012, 01:08 AM »
I have a black leather pair I've worn on and off for the past two years that I'm using for my kit.  Everyone I've talked to has pretty much given the okay.  Get the word from an official source, though...

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2012, 09:55 PM »
I did some looking again Ewok, and I found some on Amazon for $100, idk if that's still outta your price range or not.(I wasn't sure if you only found the $200+ ones, cause those are crazy expensive...) the ones on amazon are women's, technically, but not like you can really tell.

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2012, 08:32 PM »
It really boils down to "can you hide the laces?" if you can, then you're good.

Ronin Tavic

« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2012, 04:00 PM »
I think I can Frost, cause they don't have any, just belt buckles  :D

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2012, 12:50 AM »
It really boils down to "can you hide the laces?" if you can, then you're good.
But... There... Aren't...  Any laces...  That's the point of tanker boots. :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!