Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My bucket

• 132 Replies

Barbarossa Kad

• Keeper of the Boomstick
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: My bucket
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Well I think I'm ready for paint what's do you all think.

There is a method to my madness.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 08:47 PM »
That looks a hundred times different ...... :o

Your Hard work shows ..... Very nice bucket ner'vod....  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Kal Vizsla

• "Enemies no matter, they´re all the same to me..."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 10:11 PM »
WOW very impressive!!! you must be sanding for days!!

Kalaval Zil BigFang Clan(Mex)  contact: 
 https://www.facebook.com/BigFangClan.Mexico
M.A.J.I.C. 122   B.E.A.R.D.S. 046  V.R.C.A 034

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 11:34 PM »
The front of the dome needs some more smoothing, from what I can see... But that bucket's definitely headed in the right direction!!  Kandosii!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 03:02 PM »
I would say you are close but not quite there ;) just a little bit of tweeking and you are there.  keep it up Vod ;D great work so far.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Barbarossa Kad

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Update did sum more smoothing.

technokagi

• buildin mandos and slingin beats.
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Looks Crisp. especially from the front under the cheeks. I like that!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 10:54 PM »
Even better!!  This is coming along nicely, vod!  The last two pictures looked like the rim (not sure what to call the raised part that goes around the helmet) is a bit uneven on the back/right sides, but this could just be a shadow effect.  After paint, it would probably be pretty well hidden, anyway.  I digress...  GREAT work so far!

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 11:11 PM »
Quite nice.  I was originally concerned about the heavy bondo application in the beginning, but this is really looking good! 

Very well done so far!   8)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 10:26 AM »
Clean lines, sharp edges... Great job vod!!

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Clean lines, sharp edges... Great job vod!!

uhhh huuuuh ....... Very nice ..... 8)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26 PM »
That's a Lot Better Vod ;D It looks pretty good to me now ;) 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 07:39 PM »
You just need to straighten out the rear ridge there.

Sandpaper wrapped around a metal ruler will help you get the edges straight. :)

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Looking at older pics of my bucket I found the problem with the rim

As you can see I didn't get it lined up properly and it cost me at the end. To try to fix it I added bondo and tryed to straighten it out.

If you look at the last pic of my last post you can see where I over sanded at the top of the cheek I tryed to fix that to.

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2012, 03:02 PM »
You guys think its ready for paint?

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I honestly think that, if it were a real helmet, some warping and such would be normal (assuming it's not made from Mandalorian Iron, that is ;) ).  What I would do, is any place you feel it is warped, pass it off with some "battle damage."  Sand it down a bit, rough up the area, put some putty around some cuts to make jagged scrapes, etc.  You can easily make it look nice and weathered, while hiding those handful of uneven parts.  In my not-so-expert opinion, I'd say you're ready for paint.  This build has been looking better and better.  I think I speak for everyone when I say I can't WAIT to see it come together.  :D  OYA!

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 02:29 AM »
I have to say, for a scratch build this is rocking! You got mad mud skills buddy! Great job Ner Vod!

any place, any time,for a price....

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Well EPIC FAIL to report I got in a hurry (for some stupid reason), and I didn't let the silver layer fully dry before trying to put the base color on and now I have a minty smelling mess to clean, tryed to weather it, and some sanding ahead of me

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Learn from your mistakes you must!   :P

I've said it before and it still holds true; Take your time & the quality will follow.

I don't think you will have any problems recovering from this minor setback!   8)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

ConDar Ward

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 08:04 AM »
What's wrong with it ?

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 10:41 AM »
Just take a deep breath, and put another coat of silver on.  Make sure to let it dry fully.  Then continue painting.  All is not lost, vod.  :)

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 10:55 AM »
The paint pulled up all the way to the primer and looks like it tryed to slide of around the spots where I put toothpaste the weathering just doesn't look right at all when up close. I thought about just going with it but it just doesn't good to me.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 11:36 AM »
Sand, new coat of primer, go at it again.

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 01:30 PM »
Sand, new coat of primer, go at it again.

Yup!  All is not lost.  :)

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 05:57 PM »
Finally got it sanded and a new coat of primer on it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!