Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

anyone ever built a child sized BOBA costume ?

• 25 Replies
anyone ever built a child sized BOBA costume ?
« on: Apr 12, 2012, 05:21 PM »
trying to find coveralls in the Gray color of the Fett costume for my son who will be 6 soon

Calo Ordoa

Re: anyone ever built a child sized BOBA costume ?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2012, 06:14 PM »
Might be a little expensive for a six-year-old build, because he'll grow out of it quicker than a Tusken raid.

http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/kids-coveralls-flight-suits-p-87.asp

Does that work?

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2012, 08:54 PM »
i found that site earlier today but it has no gray or lite blue jumpsuit,  my boy is a massive star wars nut,  its amazing how at 5 and a half he knows intricate detail,  i would be afraid he would dismiss a olive drab or black Boba jump suit as not being "real",  when he was 4 he would callout people who refered to his clone trooper helmet as a "storm trooper" helmet

I would like to find gray ,  very lite blue,  or a white one i could dye gray

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Then why not bleach the black one until it's a lighter shade, and then run some white/gray dye through it? That'd prolly get it the appropriate color...

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2012, 09:22 PM »
i helped build a childs jango. i have to make the jumpsuit.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Calo,  thanks,  i may try that bleach approach,  seems like only option

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Well, best of luck to you, and tell yer lad Happy B-Day!  :D

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2012, 12:15 PM »
so i browsed around in here looking for a way to make the tools on Boba's legs,  my boy is focused on them also,  when i mentioned building a new "costume" he said ........................... does it have real leg tools ?

can anyone point me to the thread that contains ideas on building the tools ?

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2012, 01:05 PM »
The Dented Helmet is the place to look. As far as i know they have the templates on there. ;)

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2012, 01:19 AM »
got all sorts of parts and pieces coming in the mail,  making some of it ourself,  getting a welder to make the leg tools,  and shoulder armor,  just gotta figure out a jetpack for a 6 year old

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2012, 09:38 AM »
thats the fun part. I was never able to make one right.
However, if you can get by with it not being even remotely movie correct, I would say you should find youself one of the plastic Buzz Lightyear jet packs. Take the wings off it and mod it over.

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2012, 07:46 PM »
stuff should arrive soon,  its going to be a mix of good items off a few Boba costumes i found + stuff we created,  got lots of ideas on a jetback off this site jetpack build thread,  I work in the PC repair field,  so right now i am thinking of starting with the case off a small mini PC desktop,  pull out the motherboard and other guys so i just have the case as a base then with strong glue and other gadgets i can add on,  it wont look like BOBA's but it will look good, i think/hope

pics will be coming

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2012, 12:02 AM »
If you're looking for a flightsuit you'd be better off sewing a top and bottom that would fit him - include the right double sleeve, thigh, and shin pockets. That way the whole costume won't have to come off for him to go to the bathroom.  The rope and ammo belts will cover the seam in between top and bottom halves. 

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2012, 12:05 AM »
good idea on the 2 piece,  never thought of it,  already bought a flight suit though from a military clothing site,  its black,  we will use that RITZ stuff to try and dull it

started on his jetpack,  you can see details in the jetpack thread

BobaFiend

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2012, 12:53 AM »
Most military stuff is a poly blend and is colorfast. If it's not 100% cotton the color will not fade. I learned this the hard way with my flightsuit.

« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2012, 11:10 AM »
  got this coming from ebay,  cost like $35 with shipping,  helmet is crap,  wont even give it to him,  he has the nicer electronic helmet that plays Bobas voice

not impressed with the gun too much either

Gauntlets and 1 pieces chest plate will certainly get used

got some wookie braids yesterday

his shoes

visor area light up when he walks

http://www.galaxyarmynavy.com/kids-coveralls-flight-suits-p-87.asp   -  went with black kids air force style flight suit ,  hoping to dye it to a greyish color at least.   Was thinking the ACU, dyed a bit or the Olive Top Gun suit might be better so i showed them to my son and he said he liked the black better,  he has to wear it so hopefully i can dull the black a bit with this RITZ stuff

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2012, 11:39 AM by PCGUY760 » Logged

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Those shoes are definitely similar to what Boba Fett wore  8)

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0
« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 2012, 10:45 PM »
they are superior to what he wore,  at least from a 6 year olds POV  :P

the armor kit arrived,  kindof a let down,  the gauntlets are very tiny,  barely going to be usable,  I would advise against anyone buying that item for their child.   Poor design,  very small stuff,  helmet is crap as expected so i guess i should of known that if the helmet is poor quality, no way the rest is good or near high quality.   chest armor and gauntlets will work for him until halloween 2013 then i have to replace them,  the gun shoots darts very fast,  a strong shot,  better than any of his nerf guns. 

flight suit arrived,  its a 45 - 55 blend of poly - cotton so it should allow color change from dark black to something softer

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2012, 02:39 AM by PCGUY760 » Logged
« Reply #18 on: Aug 01, 2012, 01:58 AM »
jumpsuit arrived,  we RITZ'd it to remove color,  it went dark brown,  so we bleached it and got it to lite brown and are going with that i guess.  Not ideal but dont want to ruin it,  the good thing is that its a good fit on him and not too small or baggy so it will be fine for the SW Celeb 6 + halloween 2012 but after that he will outgrow it so we would have to re-do the flight suit next summer - fall

if i did it again i would get a lite green suit and fade from there or i did see some lite or medium blue "blue angel" or astronauts suits in web searches today,  would be a better starting point then dark black

« Reply #19 on: Aug 13, 2012, 03:22 AM »
   many changes stil lto make,  the armor is too big still , he doesnt fill the suit fully and armor as shown looks dumb so i made it smaller

he is in the saturday contest at celebration vi

« Reply #20 on: Aug 28, 2012, 12:33 AM »
my boy at SW C 6 a couple days ago,  this was friday morning

jetpack pic,  there are LED blinkers and a glowstik behind that lite gold panel ,  thats his left had "flame thrower" gauntlet i modified,  i will re-do it so i can insert a red glowstick for halloween partys

we got a lot of compliments,  lots of young boys telling him they loved his costume,  a couple dads and reporters asked me about it,  at least 3 dads  (clearly non cosplay builders) asked me where i bought the gun cuz they wanted 1 for their boy,  they were shocked that its just a nerfgun i added to and painted,  will get a good pic posted of it

anybody here see us?   i know 1 younger guy and his GF/wife approached me and asked if i was the guy on the Merc site,  we had a blast all 4 days

« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2012, 12:35 AM by PCGUY760 » Logged

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #21 on: Aug 28, 2012, 12:35 AM »
What gun was it?

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0
« Reply #22 on: Aug 28, 2012, 12:45 AM »

this is his gun,  i removed the scope, shortened barrel, painted in dull black + green camo,  all NERF and other words, etc grinded off via dremmel tool,  covered lines and holes with heatglue

Daniel logan gave it a WOW also,  might of been cuz the gun is almost as tall as my boy

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=507597259266084&ref=notif&notif_t=video_processed   hopefully this can be seen here

« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2012, 01:44 AM by PCGUY760 » Logged

BobaFiend

« Reply #23 on: Aug 28, 2012, 07:36 AM »

anybody here see us?   i know 1 younger guy and his GF/wife approached me and asked if i was the guy on the Merc site,  we had a blast all 4 days

The younger guy was me, and that girl is engaged to Davin Kee haha  :P

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Aug 28, 2012, 07:57 AM »
Sorry I missed you guys! I would have loved to see this in person.

dAVid.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!