Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Passable Boots

• 24 Replies

kotra prudii

• Keeper of the dark flame, Extinguisher of life
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Passable Boots
« Reply #15 on: Apr 29, 2012, 09:10 PM »
I have taken my boots of which the picture I showed you and cut the chains off and now have the armor so I don't need the chains anymore plus I have been told the boots I have will suffice with a little modding done to them so I shall begin so if you see the picture of the boots imagine them without chains and you can see that they will look good when I am done with them and I will post pictures as soon as I am able.

There is no better knowledge than an open book and an open mind reading it.

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #16 on: Apr 29, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Cool I'm working on armoring mine

Mandalorians making the dark side sith their pants since before the old republic.

kotra prudii

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Apr 30, 2012, 11:03 AM »
My boots have zippers on the right side of the left boot and on the left side of the right boot. So my question is this how should I cover those up so they don't show?

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 2012, 01:44 PM »
If they're on the inside you're not too bad. If they are ankle boots, you could just add spats to help hide them. Longer boots you can always add armour. But as i said you should be fine. Laces are the main thing that need covering.

kotra prudii

« Reply #19 on: Apr 30, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Well my mom is a professional seamstress(retired) and a long time back when I was doing fort re-enactments she made boot covers for my dad so his laces would show on his military fort uniform and she said she might still have them. so I shouldn't need to worry about the laces or zippers showing at all and my boots are thigh high boots.

kotra prudii

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56 PM »
I don't know exactly where to post this so....http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/6/9/6/4/1/1696414-p-2x.jpg This is what I have bought to cover the laces on my boots and with a few tweaks and a little modding and paint it should work out well. What do you think what are you thoughts on this?

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46 PM »
I don't know exactly where to post this so....http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/6/9/6/4/1/1696414-p-2x.jpg This is what I have bought to cover the laces on my boots and with a few tweaks and a little modding and paint it should work out well. What do you think what are you thoughts on this?
That is going to take more then a little modding. Per the CRLs any sports armor must be  so modded as to no longer be recognizable as sports armor. There is more to it, but I am not going to hijack this thread to explain it. If you read up on the CRLs you will see what I am saying.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

kotra prudii

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Could someone send me a link to that specific CRL cause I am unable to locate it.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 08:01 AM »
You will find the CRL guidelines on the Home page, i suggest you read through them all ;) .

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 08:16 AM »
there is this really cool tab at the top of the screen labeled "search" it will be your best friend for finding information.  ;D

Mandalorians making the dark side sith their pants since before the old republic.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!