Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Passable Boots

• 24 Replies

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
Passable Boots
« on: Apr 16, 2012, 08:06 AM »
I found these boots that actually fit me pretty good.  Will these work?

I was planning on adding a armored plate to the toe and on on the rear heal of the boot.

Mandalorians making the dark side sith their pants since before the old republic.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Passable Boots
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2012, 10:08 AM »
Those are pretty cool. They should work.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2012, 02:26 PM »
those boots are awesome vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2012, 02:39 PM »
I must ask where you found those boots. Just my on-official opinion, but an armor plate on each "flap" might look cool as well.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2012, 03:02 PM »
This ^ exactly what i thought, nice find ;)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2012, 03:46 PM »
I must ask where you found those boots. Just my on-official opinion, but an armor plate on each "flap" might look cool as well.

I was sorta thinkin the same thing!

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:16 PM »
 We have a Costuming shop localy. These were the shops owners personal boots for on of her  steam punk outft.
I got them for 35 bucks. Nice comfy and mostly broken in. I was thinking armor on the toe and the heel and leave the top part of the boot unarmored do to thats were you get most of the flex/play when you walk plus I have a issue with stuff rubbing on the top of my foot do to the shap of my feet. I was going to leave that squarish/retangular section between the sequenced leather armor and toe unarmored.

Mandalorians making the dark side sith their pants since before the old republic.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2012, 04:27 AM »
Got to disagree wi ye bud, these scream for armour plates. Maybe a full size one on the top panel and smaller and not the full size of the panels for the rest would still make them easy to walk with, usually its tha ankle plate that restricts movement.

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2012, 07:09 AM »
put a plate accross each of those leather shin prices?

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2012, 08:39 AM »
Aye ;)

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2012, 08:46 AM »
I could I was going to use Jango style Shin Armor. I wounder if there is a way to use both or make it so that I can easy switch between the two. I really like the looks of the leather armor. It looks like some thing a Mando would wear for casual out of armor times.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Totaly up to you mate, you could strap jango shins to them. But armour plating the sections would look brilliant. Maybe just the top three sections with some sintra could work then a jango spat at the bottom.

kotra prudii

• Keeper of the dark flame, Extinguisher of life
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Apr 29, 2012, 03:19 AM »
I have these boots....http://gothstore.piratemerch.com/images/disorder-301-bpu.jpeg would they be passable if I cover up the chains cause I spent too much on them when I bought them for everyday use to remove them

There is no better knowledge than an open book and an open mind reading it.

kotra prudii

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2012, 04:26 AM »
I also know that shoe strings would not be allowed to show so I would rig up some sort of cover that I can hook on the top and bottom of the places where the laces show that way I can use them to be my mando boots.

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Apr 29, 2012, 04:31 AM »

319621_2233569127806_1505250069_31967091_1303702223_n by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

374584_2422357072542_1059927865_2704856_1593204259_n by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr
I've been wearing those boots for some time. They are nice and I did play around with the armor plates but since I'm in a "light" set I decided against them.

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012, 04:33 AM by Drago Seron » Logged

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR

kotra prudii

« Reply #15 on: Apr 29, 2012, 09:10 PM »
I have taken my boots of which the picture I showed you and cut the chains off and now have the armor so I don't need the chains anymore plus I have been told the boots I have will suffice with a little modding done to them so I shall begin so if you see the picture of the boots imagine them without chains and you can see that they will look good when I am done with them and I will post pictures as soon as I am able.

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #16 on: Apr 29, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Cool I'm working on armoring mine

kotra prudii

« Reply #17 on: Apr 30, 2012, 11:03 AM »
My boots have zippers on the right side of the left boot and on the left side of the right boot. So my question is this how should I cover those up so they don't show?

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Apr 30, 2012, 01:44 PM »
If they're on the inside you're not too bad. If they are ankle boots, you could just add spats to help hide them. Longer boots you can always add armour. But as i said you should be fine. Laces are the main thing that need covering.

kotra prudii

« Reply #19 on: Apr 30, 2012, 07:01 PM »
Well my mom is a professional seamstress(retired) and a long time back when I was doing fort re-enactments she made boot covers for my dad so his laces would show on his military fort uniform and she said she might still have them. so I shouldn't need to worry about the laces or zippers showing at all and my boots are thigh high boots.

kotra prudii

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56 PM »
I don't know exactly where to post this so....http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/6/9/6/4/1/1696414-p-2x.jpg This is what I have bought to cover the laces on my boots and with a few tweaks and a little modding and paint it should work out well. What do you think what are you thoughts on this?

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46 PM »
I don't know exactly where to post this so....http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/6/9/6/4/1/1696414-p-2x.jpg This is what I have bought to cover the laces on my boots and with a few tweaks and a little modding and paint it should work out well. What do you think what are you thoughts on this?
That is going to take more then a little modding. Per the CRLs any sports armor must be  so modded as to no longer be recognizable as sports armor. There is more to it, but I am not going to hijack this thread to explain it. If you read up on the CRLs you will see what I am saying.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

kotra prudii

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Could someone send me a link to that specific CRL cause I am unable to locate it.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 08:01 AM »
You will find the CRL guidelines on the Home page, i suggest you read through them all ;) .

Briikase Runi

• Heed the call of Manda
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 08:16 AM »
there is this really cool tab at the top of the screen labeled "search" it will be your best friend for finding information.  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!