Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight suit?

• 18 Replies

Barbarossa Kad

• Keeper of the Boomstick
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Flight suit?
« on: Apr 17, 2012, 10:06 PM »
I was wondering if this was ok for a flight suit if not I was thinking a RobCo suit from Fallout 3.

Here is a close up of the fabric

There is a method to my madness.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Flight suit?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2012, 08:10 AM »
You should get away with it, but i would probably dye it aswell.

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2012, 08:23 AM »
You can probably make that work..........the first thing I would look at is the back pockets, if they are there I would probably remove them, and dye would not be a bad idea. 

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2012, 08:27 AM »
You should get away with it, but i would probably dye it aswell.

Yes ^

And it Couldn't/wouldn't hurt to take it in a Bit ...... ?
Very Baggie ...... IMO

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2012, 08:43 AM »
Try it on and post a pic mate ;) You would get more help that way.

Barbarossa Kad

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2012, 10:50 AM »
I'll get a pick of me with it on tonite I was mainly worried about the fabric it looks kinda like denim and I didn't know if it was ok or not.

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2012, 09:16 PM »
Here ya go

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2012, 09:54 PM »
I say use it for your Fallout Costume and find a less stripey one for Mercs

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2012, 11:23 PM »
It looks good to me.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2012, 01:15 AM »
It seems I'm in the minority, but I agree with anarcho.  It screams Fallout.

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2012, 04:48 AM »
Fits ye fine bro, but im with Ewok. Too stripey, maybe dye it or use it for a fallout costume.

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2012, 05:01 AM by Kel T Skirata » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2012, 09:15 AM »
Looking at that much Bare Coverall is just too underwhelming ...... ( It gives an Bad Uncle Ned Vibe ... no offense)

Anyhow ...... it could work ...... but it will Take some Work to get there .
If cash is an Issue ..... Dye it  .... or ...... option b)  Do a 2 piece set .
If it's not ..... Buy a new one .

Building your Softs is not that Difficult ...... but it is Tedious .
It is also an important part of the kit .
Dickie's among others has Ton & tons of choices ...... long sleeve , short sleeve , heavy , light , etc .
 My coveralls were like $14.00 on line . (w/ free shipping )
Yes I had to Mod them ... but ... They were cheap .  A good trade off if you ask me .

Also , Second hand Stores & Thrift stores are an integral part of all my builds ..... You should
have some good luck there if you check them out Regularly .

Good luck with your Build Vod .... ;)

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2012, 09:25 AM »
I really don't think the stripes will be an issue... I mean once the coveralls are *ahem "all covered" in armor/vest/kamas/half cape/loin cloth (any combination of these), the stripes are going to become a cool texture that's barely visible...

That's what I think...

Barbarossa Kad

« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2012, 10:54 AM »
Well the whole thing is my dad gave it to me and I didn't know if it would work with the stripes. I have a flight suit its khaki one piece and have a hole desert themed mando planned out just wondered about using it for a later mando.

ConDar Ward

« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Well the whole thing is my dad gave it to me and I didn't know if it would work with the stripes. I have a flight suit its khaki one piece and have a hole desert themed mando planned out just wondered about using it for a later mando.

Feeeehew ......  you could have said that earlier .....  :laugh: 

« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2012, 02:05 PM »

Yeah...  Once again... (In Adam Sandler voice) "Something we could have been told YESTERDAY!" :)

Seriously though, the suit is straight on Fallout!  I'd definitely build on that one. 

(Ewok sketch by John Rush Senior Character Artist EA Bioware)

Founding Member of M.E.T.S.
Mandalorians for the Ethical Treatment of Strill

Ko' Tetsu

• A long time ago...I started working on my armor...
« Reply #16 on: Apr 23, 2012, 11:22 AM »

Building your Softs is not that Difficult ...... but it is Tedious .
It is also an important part of the kit .
Dickie's among others has Ton & tons of choices ...... long sleeve , short sleeve , heavy , light , etc .
 My coveralls were like $14.00 on line . (w/ free shipping )
Yes I had to Mod them ... but ... They were cheap .  A good trade off if you ask me .

Not to highjack a thread here, but I see you mentioned short sleeves, is is acceptable to use a short sleeve coverall/flightsuit as long as you have a long sleeve flak vest (although i guess it wouldnt be a vest then :) )  I am 6'6" and am having trouble finding anything local to fit but Dickies has some nice options online but short sleeves are slightly cheaper than long sleeves for the most part.

Formerly Darth_Sarge

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2012, 05:55 PM »
buy the short sleeve coveralls.........then sew in long sleeves to the length needed..........tada you have a double sleeve like a real mando.

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Ko' Tetsu

• A long time ago...I started working on my armor...
« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Thanks

Formerly Darth_Sarge

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!