Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ESB Fett Pre-Submission Thread (Pic Heavy)

• 20 Replies

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
ESB Fett Pre-Submission Thread (Pic Heavy)
« on: May 02, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Hey Hunters!
This has been my baby for the last three years or so and it's finally coming to completion! I wanted to post up a thread for some critique before I submit my application to the Legion and Mercs, don't be afraid to be harsh.  The centerpiece of the costume, the helmet, is still away on commission so these shots feature my Jodo Kast helmet. 

The things I have noticed so far are:
-Need additional weathering on the hanging pouches
-Need additional weathering on my flak vest and neckseal
-Extra dent and scratch on my chest plate that belong on the ROTJ costume (did these when I was a TDH noob)
-Missing one toespike

Thanks for your comments and critique
Regards,
Austin

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: ESB Fett Pre-Submission Thread (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Looks great. Iwas going to mention ... "uhhh dude... that's a Kast helmet" then I saw you already posted about it lol.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:27 PM »
Yeah... Once you get your Boba bucket, this kit is gonna ROCK!!!

Boba Fett kit. You're doing it right, very right sir.

BobaFiend

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:16 AM »
Looks great. Iwas going to mention ... "uhhh dude... that's a Kast helmet" then I saw you already posted about it lol.

Haha yeah :) OH GOD I HAVE TO START ALL OVER???  :P :P

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:41 AM »
You ARE Boba Fett. You should be proud and I'm sure you are  :) can't wait to see the helmet!

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 02:37 AM »
So awesome.

I am curious tho why the armos of your flightsuit are a different color than the legs? If it is the weathering then it is just significantly dirtied than your legs (except around the cuffs). Also, the belly of your flightsuit and your pouches still look very clean compared to the rest of the soft goods.

But seriously, your paint job and attention to detail are amazing dude.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

BobaFiend

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:40 AM »
I am curious tho why the armos of your flightsuit are a different color than the legs? If it is the weathering then it is just significantly dirtied than your legs (except around the cuffs). Also, the belly of your flightsuit and your pouches still look very clean compared to the rest of the soft goods.

It's all the weathering. The flightsuit (except the long sleeve) is the same fabric. I just recently went back and weathered the sleeves, thigh pouches, and redid the shins. There are clean spots that stick out (torso, thighs, armpits) that I need to address

Thank you!

Salvo Mereel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:40 AM »
So awesome.

I gotta agree with McCoy, but other than that, it looks amazing!

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 03:16 AM »
Knees are upside down.

Trolololol :P

I have a huge amount of respect for those like yourself who go with Canon builds, and The Fett is probably the most difficult of those. Kudos, sir, kudos.

BobaFiend

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 03:21 AM »
Knees are upside down.

Ughhh! How could I have missed that  :D

Kote Gra'tua

• On the street arresting your guys
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 03:38 AM »
Dude...seriously...duuuuuude.  That looks sweet yo.

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Looks awesome. Great attention to detail. Not ESB myself and may be wrong, but does the thong strap need to be dyed blue...?

Otherwise spot on, even have the different colour diamond. Nice.  8)

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 07:28 PM »
I can't wait for this to be done.

Literally.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Knees are upside down.

Are the knees  upside down???? every pic I ever seen of Boba they look like  that....

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Heh, it's a bit of a joke. There's a couple of instances where they accidentally dressed Jeremy wrong in the film and put them on upside down. So technically, you COULD have them either way because it's a screen reference. There's some guys who deliberately do it just for the laugh.

They are, actually, the right way up here ;)

BobaFiend

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 12:46 AM »
Honestly, in Empire you could go either way. There's about a 1:1:1 ratio of different combos of knees. LR rightside up, LR upside down, and two of the same side knee. That costume was a big mess for that movie :)

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 12:50 AM »
Knees on the elbows... gauntlets on the shins... jetpack on the front...

Oh not quite that much of a mess? :P :D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Nice Vod ;D very nice indeed ;) 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Heh, it's a bit of a joke. There's a couple of instances where they accidentally dressed Jeremy wrong in the film and put them on upside down. So technically, you COULD have them either way because it's a screen reference. There's some guys who deliberately do it just for the laugh.

They are, actually, the right way up here ;)

Thanks for clearing that up, I never knew.... awesome job I would love to have a Boba kit that detailed....

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 12:46 AM »
I know of at least one who's a member on TDH.

BobaFiend

« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2012, 10:10 PM »
Here's a few more shots of the improved weathering on the flightsuit and vest.  These were done using ground up soft artists pastels in black and brown. I wet the garment by "painting" on water, stippled the pastel on, and then ground it in and blended it with another brush and more water. 

I'm going to do some weathering on the sidearm today and take some application photos soon (maybe Monday when it's not 105 degrees outside)

Bright sunlight

Further away from light source

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!