Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Shin Plate Attachment Problem...

• 5 Replies

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
Shin Plate Attachment Problem...
« on: Nov 15, 2012, 03:36 PM »
Okays, I'm having some trouble with my shin plate attachment.
I tried using sticky back velcro on the inside of the plate and on the outside of the boot, where they both meet. The velcro kept peeling off of the boot, so I E-6000'd it on.
It didn't work, so now I'm looking for something that will get them on, and keep them on.

Thanks!

he/him
black lives matter!

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Shin Plate Attachment Problem...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2012, 03:47 PM »
Straps?  Snaps?

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:04 PM »
I was just recommending either straps or snaps.  My shin armor is held in place with straps.  One at the ankle and one near the top of the calf.  Snaps could work as well, and they would hold well on their own, plus they are easy to glue to the armor and just use the snap puncher to attach them to the boot.

I wouldn't recommend rivets, as that's too permanant and if you happen to want to repaint, you have to drill them out and start over again.

Jimmy BufFETT

• Yes ... I escaped.
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:02 PM »
When you get back and start installing the snaps, make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN they are in the correct place.  Too much tension, and they'll pop off when you walk.  to much compression, and they'll flop around a lot.  Use the puncher to fasten a snap to the boot.  I'd recommend JB Weld to secure a snap to your armor if and only if your armor is made of fiberglass or metal.

- Scott Chana

Jimmy BufFETT

• Yes ... I escaped.
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Joann Fabric would be my #1 recommendation.

- Scott Chana

Jimmy BufFETT

• Yes ... I escaped.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:36 PM »
And make sure you get some heavy duty snap ... especially if your boots are thick.

- Scott Chana

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!