Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My soft parts Thread

• 0 Replies

technokagi

• buildin mandos and slingin beats.
My soft parts Thread
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Okay,
         so I started on soft stuff. I had a pile of canvas in a box for years and never did anything with it.

I found a how to draft a flak vest pattern page on TDH I think.(I can't seem to find it right now, or I would link to it.) and drew up and cut these out.

and then sewed it all up and now have this.

By the way the "flight suit" is a Michael Myers Halloween costume I purchased from a local costume shop. since i was not Halloween season it was much cheaper than the marked price of $35 only $15. only problem was I had to tell her I was looking for it and then wait a week for her to fish it out of storage, so not really a problem at all unless you were under a deadline.(I'm not.)
I also thought I would post the boots I plan on using. they are my normal motorcycling boots I've had for a while. No laces or zippers to cover up and no logos to hide! these should be easy. I'm thinking of trying to fab up some toe spikes, but that may prove too difficult mounting them on the boots in a way that will be sturdy when in costume and out of the way or removable when riding.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to let me know what you think.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!