Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jango Holster Template

• 9 Replies

Trengence Gra'tua

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Jango Holster Template
« on: May 16, 2012, 12:49 AM »
Hey guys,
   I am about to start my 501st Jaster Mereel (which is going to be legendary) and I'd prefer not to spend the 600$ for some jango holsters. I have access to some leather, but I was hoping someone on here might have a template design on the jango thigh holsters so I could make it myself. Thanks in advance

I won't kill you, but you'll wish you were dead
M.A. #004

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Re: Jango Holster Template
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:25 AM »

Trengence Gra'tua

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:27 AM »
That is pretty helpful, thanks vod :) would you happen to know of any tutorials on how to make the leg strapping that the holster attatches to?

M.A. #004
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:32 AM »
That style of holster is referred to as a Leg Drop Holster or Thigh Holster. They are pretty simple, They have a strap connecting to the cod peice in the front and a strap leading to a belt in the back, the last strap is at the bottom of the holster and just goes around the thigh so the holster does not flop around. I have a few Jango pictures for reference being I plan on making a set of these style holsters.

Trengence Gra'tua

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:33 AM »
Those references might be useful if you could shoot them my way, thanks :) i have the access to leahter, its just making them right that might prove to be a bit more difficult

M.A. #004

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:34 AM »
That is pretty helpful, thanks vod :) would you happen to know of any tutorials on how to make the leg strapping that the holster attatches to?

I would try TDH, but ive seen some around here too. Just a matter of lookin mate ;)

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:36 AM »

Trengence Gra'tua

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:37 AM »
I would try TDH, but ive seen some around here too. Just a matter of lookin mate ;)
I have been looking around on the Bounty Hunter's Guild a bit, but a lotof those posts are fairly old. This site is my primary place to go for a lot of my costuming stuff, and I forget to check out other sites like TDH that are also very useful, thanks for the reminder Vod! :)

M.A. #004

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 06:10 AM »
AS far as i know there are no templates for the Jango holsters, i have looked for them myself. I would say looking at the pictures though, the straps are actually sewn into the base of the holster. I would also take into consideration the different grades of leather. The base i would say is thicker than the straps and the face of the holster.
One thing to consider though, is the Jaster in the comics and the 3 3/4"figure doesn't have Jango holsters.

Trengence Gra'tua

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 10:23 AM »
It would appear that Jaster's holsters in the comic are more to his side, wheras Jangos are distinctly on his thighs

M.A. #004

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!