Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dresdon's a softy

• 27 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Dresdon's a softy
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Starting some work on the gloves-however the gloves will be with the gauntlets, because they will be armour....so click on the link in my profile signature and you will see a list of links, look there and you will see links to the rest of my threads.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #26 on: Jun 03, 2012, 12:52 AM »
How the shab do I mount the finger plates other than glue?    A LARPing buddy of mine suggested rapid rivets, but I don't think I could get the rivets into the glove without screwing it up....I mean, the anvil would probably screw up the material when struck to ppressfit the rivet together...plus, i kind of like how secure they are by my tests....ried velcro but that acted like way too big of a spacer between palte and glove.      Only glue I have found that will stick to the aluminum plates is Ethyl-2 Cyanoacrylate.     yes, there are a few diferant superglue formulas out there.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #27 on: Jun 05, 2012, 04:12 PM »
I found Ethyl-2 Cyanoacrylate worked pretty well for glueing the metal plates onto the porus surface of the gloves. I was also thinking of doing sort of a pauldron/bandolier type of thing. 'Was thinking I could use webbing of some kind, but then put some low profil truss head screws through the back of the webbing into the magazines or w/e will be on it for a bandolier sort of thing...mabe chewwie style box mags...I'm also thinking of making it out of some 4" black canvas garrison belt webbing that goes 45 degrees across the chest  kind of like on ARC 77's clone assassin? armour....and that mini pauldron thing....but reversed going from left shoulder to right side of belt. I was also thinking about maybe using project boxes for the chewwie style boxes if i do those....

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!