Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

what are the cape restrictions

• 10 Replies
what are the cape restrictions
« on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:24 PM »
what are the cape restrictions?.. i should just ask about the kama  well i'm at it

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than blood."

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: what are the cape restrictions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Not really sure what you're shooting for here. Other than 'in universe' materials, attachment methods and quality of build, there really aren't any "restrictions". Really an idea of what you had in mind would help.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:15 PM »
a full  back cape, not as long as vader's....i dont know what materials its made from, it was made for me

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Wait, wait... Please tell me you're not gonna do a Mando-Jedi thingy.  :o

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2012, 10:09 PM »

Sorry I couldn't resist  :P   No real restrictions other than it must cover your whole back so people can't tell that you don't have armor on under it.  Think safety first, too long and you'll be tripping over it yourself or the people around you will step on it and either rip it off or ya fall.

Kama should be mid-calf at the longest.  I've seen a few that have gone to the ankles but not many.

Those who wander aren't always lost.
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2012, 10:51 PM »
1st. that was just funny, and one of the best parts of the movie
2nd. thank you
3rd. no carlo it was the only pic i could find with the style of cape i was given...a real mando tells the force to suck osik

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Three words: Black Leather Cape.  It's a requirement; check the CRLs.

Really, though, all the capes I've seen attach to the armor/ vest at the shoulders, right where the collar armor ends.  As far as size and materials go, I'm honestly not sure.  In universe fabrics, naturally, but beyond that, I'm a little fuzzy.

Blackbird

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jun 05, 2012, 12:47 AM »
Something that is high quality.  No thin vinyl or some flimsy or cheap looking material.  I've seen capes made of velvet, duck cloth, canvas, thick cotton, wool, fur, leather...
For a cape, size and length are up to you.  If you aren't wearing back armor, it needs to cover your whole back.  Otherwise it can be as long or short or wide or thin as you want.
I'm pretty sure kamas are up to you too.  Just look around the forums or watch Episode III to get an idea on length.  I've seen guys with Vader style kama-things that go to their ankles.

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2012, 12:49 AM by Blackbird » Logged
^ Poorly worded comment.
11/3/11
Merc #531

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #9 on: Jun 05, 2012, 06:52 AM »
Keep in mind the term "fabric heavy", capes plus kamas tend to push a kit into this realm. Not that it is forbidden, just discouraged. Kits of this type are scrutinized a little harder for quality.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

R. Brek-Madak

• A Bucket Full of CRAZY ! @__e
« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2012, 04:59 PM »
Something that is high quality.  No thin vinyl or some flimsy or cheap looking material.  ......

also, NO Camo Material , so that disqualifies the option of cutting up old camo uniforms and sewing them into a cape. i know that one firsthand.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!