Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Concept Boba Rocketpack

• 17 Replies

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Concept Boba Rocketpack
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2012, 09:51 AM »
I've never worked with resin/posterboard,  How sturdy is the pack? Did you have to put anything inside the box. I want one :)

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
  • "Have fun storming the caslte!"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:37 PM »
I've never worked with resin/posterboard,  How sturdy is the pack? Did you have to put anything inside the box. I want one :)

Well, resin hardens pretty fast, so you really have to be prepared to work with it and get it where you want in just a few minutes before its too stiff to work with. the inside is literally empty with resin coated fiberglass cloth on all the corners, helping keep its shape. Im sure I could make another one thats more sturdy.

I would say in terms of how sturdy it is, maybe what you would say a model car is. It will hold its shape, but i wouldn't trust myself dropping it more than a foot.

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Jun 24, 2013, 06:30 AM »
Those boba pictures are what inspired my design.  though I'm actually doing a Jump pack in it.  Love how this looks though!

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!