Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hydra's Bo-Katan Armor (Updated - On the Road to CVII!) (page 6)

• 84 Replies

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Hydra's Bo-Katan Armor
« Reply #75 on: Sep 17, 2012, 04:04 PM »
 ???   Where have I been ? ...... Top notch Hydra !    8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #76 on: Sep 17, 2012, 10:44 PM »
helmet looks awesome

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Vist Er'kennt

• Intriguing. I'll have to run tests to know more
« Reply #77 on: Sep 17, 2012, 10:48 PM »
nice, also love the source material strewn about.

Formerly -btsieber

Notes
(read up on softs-bucket and armor later)
Flight Suit
Cck compat with current boots (heavy laced)
Acquire possible misc as they become available
Compile tool/supply lists (PM)

Armor WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55215.msg779315#msg779315
« Reply #78 on: Dec 01, 2012, 03:29 PM »
I see you are using what looks like a DIY vacuum table. Do you have the plans? if so do you plans on digits?

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract.
-Abraham Lincoln

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #79 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:06 AM »
Hi guys, I have some Bo-Katan breast plates and gauntlets for sell in my store! Well I do at the moment, these are bound to go rather quickly.

http://hydraworx.storenvy.com/

I will be finishing up Bo Katan by the end of march, at this point I want to redo most of the soft parts!

Shammok

• Aka by unfortunate auto correct accident: Shannon
« Reply #80 on: Jul 08, 2013, 09:49 AM »
I know I am way late on this but I have to give praise where praise is do! That is some wicked leather work! I wish i had half of your skills cause then id be able to make me a sick nasty pair of leather pouches and greebs! So jealous!

JANGO FETT
I'll accept your offer, Tyranus. On one condition...
    COUNT DOOKU
Which is?
    JANGO FETT
I want the first clone for myself, unaltered.
    COUNT DOOKU
Might I inquire as to why?
    JANGO FETT
You might...

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #81 on: Feb 18, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Oh hi guys! I totally lost momentum on this after I didn't cram it into Celebration VI. But alas, the finished armor sitting lonely in its little sad box caught my eye and well, why not, Bo Katan is kind of awesome (ie: really awesome).

Working on making everything more spiffy. Also a helmet off version since I get sweaty and gross and maybe just walking around without a helmet is okay too.

Wig:

Girl you have crazy hair. I'm never-minding those weird geometric chunks towards the ends, go home Dave Filoni, you're drunk.

I started with a wig from one of my favorite vendors, Epic Cosplay. https://www.epiccosplay.com/ It is a Chronos- 14" in Autumn Orange. I also ordered a pack of short wefts because this little guy won't get the job done alone.

Here's the wig lightly parted down the middle where the part belongs. Obviously this won't do.

I used a method similar to Arda Wig's tutorial here to create a new part for the wig. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjG4bMDTTZI&feature=youtu.be

Yay! Much better! I also trimmed the hair into a A-line bob, surprisingly the most time consuming part, wasn't the part. Ahaha get it? Whewwww....

Okay moving on!

I patterned up a headband.

And heat shaped that sucker.

Right now I'm adding on layers of a product called Smooth On's Epsilon http://www.smooth-on.com/Epoxy-Coatings-EPS/c1397_1400/index.html
It is a foam coating epoxy and is kind of amazing.

Stay tuned!

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
aah, neat-rarely do you see wigs used with mandos

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

mishakitty

• Glitter'alor
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
SO excited to see you back on here and reviving this project. Cheering you on! (and so eager to see how you do it!) You're amazing!

E.M.T.S. #1 ~ Founder ~ Glitter Faerie In Chief

Get Elegant: Join the Elegant Mando's Tea Society

Official Invasions: 67

Various upgrades and whatnot

Dral Kar'ta (Dar's GlitterHeart)

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Cool to see you back working on Mando armor! Good luck with the build and nice work on the headband.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!