Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Night Owl style cod

• 7 Replies

Werde

Night Owl style cod
« on: Apr 26, 2017, 06:30 PM »
Is anyone here using a Night Owl style cod?

Do you have it attached as three separate pieces, or something else? Do you attach it right to your suit, or is it connected to a belt?

Inquiring mind wants to know! Thanks!

(Cod is more or less the last thing I need to wrap up before I app.)

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Night Owl style cod
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2017, 01:33 AM »
I don't wear that style, but I would imagine it's attached right to the flight suit as separate pieces.

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Actually.... I found it was basically impossible to put mine on my flightsuit. The mid piece was right where my zip was, and getting them to sit properly directly on the flightsuit every time was impossible. So I made a 'flap' that velcros on & sits under my belts that they attach to. That way I didnt worry about the zip & where they sat.

OM #2745|QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:55 AM »
I've never used that style but I'd recommend putting it on something a little more sturdy than basic flightsuit material and then snap/velcroing it to the suit.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Werde

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2017, 07:58 AM »
I wear under armor leggings as my pants, so I was hesitant to try and velcro directly onto them  since the material has some stretch.

My current thought is to connect all three pieces of the cod together in the back with black sintra (so it kind of blends in with the pants and gives an illusion of it being separate pieces) and then using some snaps.

I'm still theory-crafting though, so if anyone has some ideas I'd love to hear it.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2017, 04:38 PM »
I'd probably use a thick (armour/belt grade) black leather for a similar effect as the sintra except it would have just a tiny bit of flex in it for more comfort.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Werde

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Good call! I do have black leather laying around here somewhere...

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2017, 01:07 PM »
I know people who have male death watch grunt cods and they use snaps to attach the top of that cod to their girthbelt. I don't know if you can do something similar with the top edge of the leather/sintra backing. It's just a thought. I'm definitely following this thread with interest since I want to do something similar for custom upgrades.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!