Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vira's Armor W.I.P

• 131 Replies

Viradechtis

• Mando without war is like a starship without space
Vira's Armor W.I.P
« on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:39 PM »
After a few months of sitting on my shebs planning out my armor I finally came up with a template that worked.
(Original Design: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=50786.0)

And with the amazing help of the Wampa clan at yesterdays armoar partah got the hardest part of my armor made: the chest pieces!

I didn't get around to sanding or bonding them, but I will be doing that tomorrow before work, so expect finished pictures.

Here's a frontal pic (with replacement Wampa diamond piece):

Better look at the side:

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2012, 08:59 PM by Viradechtis » Logged

"Mando without war is like a starship without space." Torian Cadera

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Vira's W.I.P
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Looks Like a Good Star Vod ;D

Love the Wampa ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Viradechtis

Re: Vira's W.I.P
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Love the Wampa ;)

I forgot to cut out a diamond piece, i'm going to tomorrow but for now I figured he would be a great replacement XD

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
Re: Vira's Armor W.I.P
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2012, 06:31 PM »
looks awesome!! cant wait to see them in person saturday!! I should have mine to atleast cut out by then and maybe mold XD Are you going to sand and use the bondo to make them look flatter? they seem a little boxy then i thought you wanted but maybe thats from them just sitting on the floor anyways lookin great!!!

Teach me how to fight, I'll show you how to win.

Viradechtis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2012, 06:46 PM »
looks awesome!! cant wait to see them in person saturday!! I should have mine to atleast cut out by then and maybe mold XD Are you going to sand and use the bondo to make them look flatter? they seem a little boxy then i thought you wanted but maybe thats from them just sitting on the floor anyways lookin great!!!

With mando's: boxy = foxayyyy~  8)

XD but in all seriousness they came out exactly as I wanted. The edges just need to be sanded and bondo'd but im going to do that with you Saturday!

Also cut them out, but dont mold them until Saturday! (If I learned anything yesterday at the armor party its that I would have messed up a bazillion times without Mereels help XD but I remember everything we did, so I will be able to help you out and get everything perfect!)

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2012, 07:21 PM »
yeah was def gonna wait for help on the molding XD

Viradechtis

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2012, 07:24 PM »
I dont have a heat gun, but I can get your to the very last steps before heat-guning.

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2012, 08:06 PM »
thats fine it will make me wait and do it right instead of rushing through it XD check ur texts btw!

Viradechtis

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2012, 08:13 PM »
thats fine it will make me wait and do it right instead of rushing through it XD check ur texts btw!

I only put my phone down for one second.  :rolleyes:

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2012, 09:06 PM »
Those chest pieces look very cool, I'm definately liking the boxy look of them.

Viradechtis

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Those chest pieces look very cool, I'm definately liking the boxy look of them.

Thank you, I wanted to stay away form being curvy, as I'd like to stick by K.T.'s version of Mando's ^ - ^

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2012, 04:32 PM by Viradechtis » Logged

Arch

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2012, 09:57 PM »
Those plates are looking excellent. Thanks for the patterns! Maybe I can be awesome, too, someday.  :P

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2012, 10:01 PM »
That plate design is super cool! I want to make a new kit just so I can make my own! ;) Awesome work.

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2012, 10:04 PM »
That is an excellent style for female armor.  Excellent job!   ;)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Viradechtis

« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Those plates are looking excellent. Thanks for the patterns! Maybe I can be awesome, too, someday.  :P
That plate design is super cool! I want to make a new kit just so I can make my own! ;) Awesome work.
That is an excellent style for female armor.  Excellent job!   ;)

Thank you so much guys.
I'm glad to be getting such positive feedback from everyone on here about them! I wish I had taken pictures of the step-by-step I had gone through since there seems to be an interest. I already gave my original templates to Arch (who is totally more awesome then I could ever wish to be!~) but if there's anyone who wants to know what I did, I'll whip them up again easy, and photocopy, just message me.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 24, 2012, 03:27 AM »
I'm stoked to see this come together!  :D

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #16 on: Jul 24, 2012, 06:17 AM »
Good start ;) .

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Jul 24, 2012, 09:51 AM »
I really love the chest plates as well, it's great to finally see that concept of yours starting to take shape! Will be watching this for sure. (And maybe I can sweet talk Arch into just laying out those templates and taking a picture for me...)

Viradechtis

« Reply #18 on: Jul 24, 2012, 10:58 AM »
I really love the chest plates as well, it's great to finally see that concept of yours starting to take shape! Will be watching this for sure. (And maybe I can sweet talk Arch into just laying out those templates and taking a picture for me...)

Thank you!

Ill make up some new ones quick and send them to you later today after work when I start my sanding. The more people who start to use this style, the better! ^-^

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Jul 24, 2012, 11:03 AM »
How is the glue holding?   Did it dry alright?

Sounds like a plan.....
Mereel A’denla formerly of Wampa Clan

Arch

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jul 24, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Vira, do you mind if I take your template and make a PDF to share? This way, people can print their own!

Viradechtis

« Reply #21 on: Jul 24, 2012, 01:13 PM »
Vira, do you mind if I take your template and make a PDF to share? This way, people can print their own!
Go right ahead, it saves me the trouble of doing it myself XD

and its holding together beautifully Mereel. I cant wait to get sanding and bondoing! =^-^=

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jul 24, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Arch, you rock!! Thanks 8)

Arch

« Reply #23 on: Jul 24, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Nah, Vira does for figuring this out. ;)

Here's a PDF of her template. It should be pretty darn close to 1:1 with what she originally made when printed at 8.5 x 11" without page scaling. :)

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #24 on: Jul 24, 2012, 10:33 PM »
Nah, Vira does for figuring this out. ;)

Here's a PDF of her template. It should be pretty darn close to 1:1 with what she originally made when printed at 8.5 x 11" without page scaling. :)

Book marking this ;D

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!