Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vira's Armor W.I.P

• 131 Replies

Viradechtis

• Mando without war is like a starship without space
Re: Vira's Armor W.I.P
« Reply #25 on: Jul 24, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Nah, Vira does for figuring this out. ;)

Here's a PDF of her template. It should be pretty darn close to 1:1 with what she originally made when printed at 8.5 x 11" without page scaling. :)

Just printed it out, and it covers my plates perfectly. You did awesome in uploading it Arch! (and saved me tons of time! <3)

"Mando without war is like a starship without space." Torian Cadera

Viradechtis

« Reply #26 on: Jul 30, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Finally got around to taking a picture of me with the plates on. I dont have the pieces bondo'd yet, but their sanded and I plan on getting to it at some point XD

What do you guys think of my spacing? (keep in mind their held up with scotch tape in the pic)

Dont mind my Derp face, my father made a joke and I always derp when I laugh XD

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #27 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:16 PM »
seeing it bigger then just from the cell phone the spacing itself looks good that one edge on your left side (bookshelf) seems to be out im not sure if its just a lack of adhesive or if you need the heat gun?

Teach me how to fight, I'll show you how to win.

Viradechtis

« Reply #28 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Now that you pointed it out my bookshelf does have quite a bit of lift when compared to the bed.

I think it might just be the lack of adhesive though, since I had tape on the other side, but not that one.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #29 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:31 PM »
I don't understand the term bookshelf, but things are looking good!

Your spacing looks pretty good for a rough fitting, but I think your ab plate might be a hair too big. I think you could lose a little off the bottom, but it might just be the angle of the picture.

Great progress!

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Viradechtis

« Reply #30 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:33 PM »
I don't understand the term bookshelf, but things are looking good!

Your spacing looks pretty good for a rough fitting, but I think your ab plate might be a hair too big. I think you could lose a little off the bottom, but it might just be the angle of the picture.

Great progress!

Ill definitely take your suggestion since that's the one thing that was taped secruly.

Also im a chronic dyslexic, so everyone that knows me just refers to left and right as places in my room as according to where my computer sits, so Bookshelf = Left, and Bed = Right >//<

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #31 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:37 PM »
its all out of love <3 =p but seriously it looks great im excited to have another armor day.. we can get those daggers done!

Teach me how to fight, I'll show you how to win.

Viradechtis

« Reply #32 on: Jul 30, 2012, 11:22 PM »
its all out of love <3 =p but seriously it looks great im excited to have another armor day.. we can get those daggers done!

Love my shebs XD and yeah, the daggers and my Wampa teeth!

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2012, 02:08 AM by Viradechtis » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Jul 31, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Love the Bookshelf/ bed idea ;D as a  dyslexic myself I can appreciate the problems with left and right. my personal favourite is right and the other right LOL ;)

any hoo size looks good ;D and yep your bookshelf chest plate at the bottom outer edge looks like its flaring out a bit   ??? but could just be a taping issue ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Viradechtis

« Reply #34 on: Jul 31, 2012, 03:27 PM »
Love the Bookshelf/ bed idea ;D as a  dyslexic myself I can appreciate the problems with left and right. my personal favourite is right and the other right LOL ;)

any hoo size looks good ;D and yep your bookshelf chest plate at the bottom outer edge looks like its flaring out a bit   ??? but could just be a taping issue ;)

I looked at it again with tape, and it is flaring out, so im going to take care of that with the heatgun and I should be set to bondo.

and I cant tell you how many right roads i've taken when i've meant to take a left XD

misstori

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #35 on: Jul 31, 2012, 04:08 PM »
The angular torso plates are very flattering. Do you plan on carrying the look over to your other ones?

Bit by bit,
Putting it together...
Piece by Piece-
Only way to make a work of art.
Every moment makes a contribution,
Every little detail plays a part.
Having just a vision's no solution,
Everything depends on execution:
Putting it together-
That's what counts!

Viradechtis

« Reply #36 on: Jul 31, 2012, 04:12 PM »
The angular torso plates are very flattering. Do you plan on carrying the look over to your other ones?

Yes, Im a big fan of angles. My plan is to have it all the way through, I have a link in my first post of my concept design if you wanna see how its going to look once its complete.

SnowWhite33

• The accident prone mando
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #37 on: Sep 03, 2012, 04:24 AM »
Ok so once again I am a day late and a dollar short. That being said.... I love you kit concept and I have saved you template. My daughter or I my use it for one of our kits. Needless to say I am book marking your thread to wath your kit come together.  ;D

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

DUDE..... SWEET.....DUDE....SWEET

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #38 on: Sep 03, 2012, 12:08 PM »
Any progress Vira?

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Viradechtis

« Reply #39 on: Sep 03, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Ok so once again I am a day late and a dollar short. That being said.... I love you kit concept and I have saved you template. My daughter or I my use it for one of our kits. Needless to say I am book marking your thread to wath your kit come together.  ;D
Aww, I hope I hope you show me this pics after if you use it!!

Any progress Vira?

Yes, I have my ab plate, and my collar piece now, plus I found a flak jacket! However I got in a car accident earlier this week and have broken my thumb, and sprained both my wrists so my main focus has been finding random greeblies and the search for my flight suit or clothing that can be turned into a flight suit.

SnowWhite33

« Reply #40 on: Sep 03, 2012, 10:34 PM »
Of course we will send you pics!

As for flightsuit..... hubby & I are using medical scrubs.  :D We were told it was ok to use them. They come in such a wide variety of colors aand if you can't find the right color easily can be dyed!

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #41 on: Sep 03, 2012, 10:54 PM »
Sheesh. You alright?

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #42 on: Sep 03, 2012, 11:43 PM »
Sheesh. You alright?

Same question.

As for flightsuit..... hubby & I are using medical scrubs.  :D We were told it was ok to use them. They come in such a wide variety of colors aand if you can't find the right color easily can be dyed!

Scrubs have a nice look to them, but I still prefer a flight suit solely on principle.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

SnowWhite33

« Reply #43 on: Sep 04, 2012, 01:16 AM »
Due to my dimensions the scrubs were the best way to go for me. Also to be frank restroom breaks was also thought about when making my decision. However I did look at flight suits first.

Cin'Ciri Jo'Rae

M.A.G.E #6

Viradechtis

« Reply #44 on: Sep 04, 2012, 01:29 AM »
Of course we will send you pics!

I know! I've been meaning to find a matching pair of scrubs, but cant find long sleeved ones for the life of me! Like Byrek said, I like flight-suits just because they are so much easier, but the lure of actually being able to pee without having to take off everything is pretty great with the scrubs, not gunna lie.

Sheesh. You alright?

I will be fine, Thankfully it was a clean break and I just have to have a cast on for the next 4 weeks until my bone heals up. And because of the sprain on both i'm not allowed to lift more than 10lbs, nor am I allowed to make scrubbing motions (no sanding for me), so that makes me pretty much useless for the next 4 weeks >-< But otherwise i'm fine and thankful.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #45 on: Sep 04, 2012, 01:36 AM »
Thats good to hear!
Well atleast you have one gauntlet done! Lol
And the bathroom situation, I always wondered if you split a flight suit and sew them together with a zipper that wraps around the waist, That way instead of having to take everything off you just zip off the bottom bit.

Viradechtis

« Reply #46 on: Sep 04, 2012, 01:41 AM »
I almost would say that's more effort than its worth. For men it would be a simple mod, but for us women we require more clearance, which means almost completely ripping it apart and making it a two piece anyway. I'd have to google to see if anyone has attempted it before.

Dexa

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Daily Horrors is the award for the best photo of Mandos doing everyday tasks. Celebration Anaheim 2022 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #47 on: Sep 06, 2012, 03:09 PM »
I'm really thinking about using these chest plates for my mando. Leaning more to this now.

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2012, 05:08 PM by Dexa Drask » Logged
MMCC #691

Viradechtis

« Reply #48 on: Sep 06, 2012, 11:10 PM »
I'm really thinking about using these chest plates for my mando. Leaning more to this now.

I encourage you too! their flattering to all shapes and sizes!

Dexa

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Daily Horrors is the award for the best photo of Mandos doing everyday tasks. Celebration Anaheim 2022 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #49 on: Sep 06, 2012, 11:37 PM »
I tried to print out the templates  but I can't seem to get them to come out big enough. I have a rather large chest and small frame. So I'm not sure if theses are me.

*sigh*

MMCC #691

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!