Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vira's Armor W.I.P

• 131 Replies

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
Re: Vira's Armor W.I.P
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 06:59 PM »
Scratchbuilt armor looks great, but those Shubi plates aren't gonna pass.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63711.msg943816#new

he/him
black lives matter!

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2013, 07:06 PM »
She knows =( sadly they were bought a while back. The post says they aren't officially banned till Aug 1st but would need some major mods to become official. We were going to work on that and hopefully get them to a place where they can become acceptable =]!

Teach me how to fight, I'll show you how to win.

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Your armor is looking great so far! I look forward to seeing how this will turn out.  ;)

Viradechtis

• Mando without war is like a starship without space
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Scratchbuilt armor looks great, but those Shubi plates aren't gonna pass.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63711.msg943816#new

I know! I was so sad about that when Suna showed me that article, but what I am going to do is get it all done before August 1st (the cut off) become official and then make my way updating that armor out. I hate that I already bought it from them >-<

"Mando without war is like a starship without space." Torian Cadera

Viradechtis

« Reply #79 on: Jun 02, 2013, 11:01 AM »
Alright guys, updates and opinion time~

Here's my main pieces all primed, the rest are as well, but not pictured lol

and my now formed backplate does it look good to you guys? It fits well.

my brothers in the military, and said he had no more use for this, so I was wondering, are these allowed?

Ca'tra Firaxan

• Proud procrastinator since 2013
« Reply #80 on: Jun 02, 2013, 11:32 AM »
I think it works...
Just check up on the CRL's to make sure.

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #81 on: Jun 02, 2013, 12:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have seen things like that on other peoples kits before.  I think it would look neat, and would go fairly well with your color scheme.

And one thing about the backplate, the bottom doesn't seem very symmetrical.  I may just be the picture, but i would go at the bottom left side and try to get that divot out.   Other then that though the top of the backplate and everything else is looking great!

Sounds like a plan.....
Mereel A’denla formerly of Wampa Clan

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #82 on: Jun 02, 2013, 12:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have seen things like that on other peoples kits before.  I think it would look neat, and would go fairly well with your color scheme.

And one thing about the backplate, the bottom doesn't seem very symmetrical.  I may just be the picture, but i would go at the bottom left side and try to get that divot out.   Other then that though the top of the backplate and everything else is looking great!

This ^^ ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Viradechtis

« Reply #83 on: Jun 02, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Awesome, im excited to use it since like Mereel said it matches my color scheme, and doesn't have any tags/logos on it.

Also I will take another stab at the bottom corner of the backplate.

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #84 on: Jun 02, 2013, 03:33 PM »
I can help Thursday if needed.. mine could use some more help too XD

Viradechtis

« Reply #85 on: Jun 02, 2013, 09:54 PM »
I can help Thursday if needed.. mine could use some more help too XD

Sounds good to me. I wanna do more coats to all my armor too.

Viradechtis

« Reply #86 on: Jun 06, 2013, 05:18 PM »
Got to the base color today, and fixed what was wrong with my backplate.

(frizzy hair is frizzy)

In other exciting news. my fight suit came in. What do you guys think?

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #87 on: Jun 06, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Nice work Vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #88 on: Jun 06, 2013, 05:52 PM »
Whether it's CRL-passable or not, one thing to keep in mind with that Alice pack strapping/suspenders you have is that it's very recognizable in the real world as unmodified Alice pack strapping. Not sure I would recommend using it for that reason. Star Wars tends to be less cordura/nylon (with the exception of pilots) and more natural leathers when it comes to strapping accessories. This is getting down to aesthetics, though, I believe, so it's really up to you. :)

I really like this style chest plate; I'm excited to see how it fits on the body. Back plate looks good, too, with the new forming.

~

Viradechtis

« Reply #89 on: Jun 06, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Whether it's CRL-passable or not, one thing to keep in mind with that Alice pack strapping/suspenders you have is that it's very recognizable in the real world as unmodified Alice pack strapping. Not sure I would recommend using it for that reason. Star Wars tends to be less cordura/nylon (with the exception of pilots) and more natural leathers when it comes to strapping accessories. This is getting down to aesthetics, though, I believe, so it's really up to you. :)

I really like this style chest plate; I'm excited to see how it fits on the body. Back plate looks good, too, with the new forming.

If it makes it any better, I will be using it to hold up my karma, so the only thing you will truly see is the front of it.

I will see how it looks as it all comes together and choose from there ^-^

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #90 on: Jun 06, 2013, 10:53 PM »
Everything's coming together nicely, approvable by PortCon?  8)

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Viradechtis

« Reply #91 on: Jun 06, 2013, 11:03 PM »
That's what I want! Its Suna and I's goal. However were getting stuck on a few things, but we will hopefully be able to overcome everything.

And a shout out to everyone, if you know a tutorial for approvable hard bracers, id appreciate being linked to it!

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #92 on: Jun 07, 2013, 01:51 PM »
I'm not sure about a tut, but what are you looking for?

Also when are you guys free over the couple weeks leading up to Portcon?   Maybe I can help out a bit.

Sounds like a plan.....
Mereel A’denla formerly of Wampa Clan

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #93 on: Jun 07, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Vira was looking for some form of leather bracers or some quick gaunts to have at PortCon.
My schedule is a little bit tight.. the fact that I have 3 1/2 days off in a row for PortCon is
unheard of, but I think Vira's schedule is more open. I do know we are working on stuff this
Sunday, Thursday and I don't know after that XD.

Viradechtis

« Reply #94 on: Jun 07, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Like Suna said, Were both working together this sunday and thursday, but I am free every day but fridays.

So whenever you are not busy, just throw me a text and ill come over or you can join us at my house. I'm only a 30minute drive.

Arch

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #95 on: Jun 07, 2013, 08:01 PM »
If you have a dremel and a screwdriver or a rivet gun, you can pull together some toilet-brush-holder gaunts pretty quickly! :)

Viradechtis

« Reply #96 on: Jun 07, 2013, 08:08 PM »
If you have a dremel and a screwdriver or a rivet gun, you can pull together some toilet-brush-holder gaunts pretty quickly! :)

I actually just got a response from someone, so I should have gaunts by the 17th at the latest. Now the biggest part is getting all my soft parts up-to-date which will be the easiest thing for me. (unlike the painting, which Suna will attest to that I suck, and not just a "Oh it didn't turn out quite how I imagined" but a "Wow, I hope I have enough sandpaper for this.")

Hopefully we both will be ready for the official title by PortCOn!

Suna

• (Brynn Cadera)
« Reply #97 on: Jun 07, 2013, 11:05 PM »
Yes, I will be helping you paint Sunday =p.. I think after this weekend we will be doing pretty good!!

Byloc Phosmont

• Mando Rider: 0004
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #98 on: Jun 07, 2013, 11:45 PM »
Go go go!

Viradechtis

« Reply #99 on: Jun 07, 2013, 11:51 PM »

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!