Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New/First Weapons - WIP! (Pic Heavy - Completed DL-33 on pg. 6!)

• 110 Replies

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
After seeing what you did with that pistol, I'm REALLY looking forward to this rifle build. You've certainly piqued my interest, sir, have fun with it!

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

Jaa'det Otxoa

• You can't shoot what you can't see! OM #0872
Cool a longstrike mod ;) I have a thing for those ;D
That it is ner Vod!  ;)
It is somewhat inspired by your longstrike/verp mods! I am trying to keep the length of the body on this one though since it is more of a "sniper style" verp! I am also building it with lights (to be upgraded with sound later) so there will be multiple switches integrated into the build for light/sound triggers!

This should be a fun one!  :P

<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Weapons: 53%
Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Naren Sprax

• So I says to Mable, I says...
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions.
Nope, send it all to me for proper disposal.  :P Really top notch stuff vod!

Jaa'det Otxoa

Nope, send it all to me for proper disposal.  :P Really top notch stuff vod!
:laugh: :laugh:... Good one! :-X...  :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, vor'e Vod!  ;)
Thinking of making a side torso or cross-draw holster for the DL-33 because of the angle of the scope and I want the sidearm on my left side, think the side torso will work better with the kama too!  ;D

<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce
:laugh: :laugh:... Good one! :-X...  :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, vor'e Vod!  ;)
Thinking of making a side torso or cross-draw holster for the DL-33 because of the angle of the scope and I want the sidearm on my left side, think the side torso will work better with the kama too!  ;D
Just remember that your ability to reach across your body to draw it will be limited by your armor, from what I have heard.

“There’s no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.” – The Fourth Doctor

Aliit ori’shya tal’din -"Family is more than blood"
This is the Way

Jaa'det Otxoa

Just remember that your ability to reach across your body to draw it will be limited by your armor, from what I have heard.
Yep, I realized that last night when I test fit my torso plates, ??? the holster would be positioned lower on my side where I can actually reach, and draw it... It will require a bit of R&D to get it made but I prefer the option since I have a leg pack that fits on my right leg only so a drop-leg gun holster is out.  :P

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
OK show of hands... who thought this thread might be dead?  :-\

Well, here's a quick look at what's to come  ;)...

Stay tuned!  ;D

We want this, we want this, we want this

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Jaa'det Otxoa

We want this, we want this, we want this
It's coming, It's coming, It's coming :laugh:

Gotta get more of my kit done before I start on this one...

will hopefully start on it within the next month Vode!! ;)

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Jaa'det Otxoa

:oRise zombie thread!!! :o

Ok, I couldn't leave well enough alone... first post-OM upgrade!

Since I'm going for Spec Ops: Sniper brigade membership I will be needing a bladed weapon of some sort...

So I am going for a simple besk'ad:
(Sorry no pics of the first steps here :P)
- First, I traced the pattern twice (one right side up and one upside down) onto the same material I used for my plates (thin wall 4" solid PVC Sewer/Drain pipe from Lowes)and rough cut the pieces out.
- Next I heated up the rough cuts with my heat gun, flattened both halves perfectly flat and re-traced the pattern to the flattened pieces (this had to be done because when tracing onto the pipe while round you actually lose some length when the piece is flattened.
- Next I drilled holes in each of the corners of the blade/handle on both halves (to use as alignment holes when gluing the halves together), I then cemented the halves together, placing nails in the alignment holes until the initial set, removed them and compressed them between two 1x4's with C-clamps and Sprimg clamps overnight...

...and this is what it looked like at that point ;D:

- Next was to cut out the blade with the jigsaw with a fine tooth blade, then clean up the edges with the Dremel and palm sander:

- I made the grip to be used in either the normal or inverted position:

- I also started shaping the main and top swage blade "edges":

I still have to cut the thumb guard, add the blade cut-outs and lanyard hole then the wooden handle sides that will be held down with chicago screws.

Stay tuned... ;)

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Nice looking Poking device  ;) do go on

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

felipe5083

• Oya!!!!!
Re: New/First Weapons - WIP! (Pic Heavy - Completed DL-33 on pg. 6!)
« Reply #100 on: Apr 16, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Looking awesome vod!!! Can't wait to see the results. :)

"You don't have my respect aruetii, keep in mind that you only have my tolerance. For a mandalorian, respect is earned, and not given, and I strongly suggest you to stay on my good side"
Dan Ari'Ednab

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #101 on: Apr 17, 2014, 02:51 PM »
Nice looking Poking device  ;) do go on
Looking awesome vod!!! Can't wait to see the results. :)

Got a little bit more done!

I haz handles! ;D
Shot of the plywood handle after shaping with the Dremel tool and then a decent once over by hand with 150 grit sandpaper:

And the first coat of stain:

I still need to beat them up a bit more and put a couple more coats of stain as well as burning something in Mando'a into the handle, just have to decide what it's going to be!  ???

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #102 on: Apr 23, 2014, 11:57 AM »
OK, I got a couple updates on my besk'ad...

First off I cut out the lanyard loop in the pommel and added the holes to the blade from the original concept:

I also added the wood burning to one side of the handle:

Then promptly realized I had misspelled "Ijaat" as "Ijat"...  after I had burned it  ???

The inscription reads "Ijaat o'r kyr'am" or "Honor in Death"

I have also done 2 coats of auto primer (with wet sanding in-between) and 2 coats of aluminum base coat:

The blade will be painted flat black with some decorative designs to expose the silver base on the side of the blade as well as the blade edges ;D
Then It will get assembled with chicago screws and weathered as a single piece ???

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #103 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:37 PM »
Shweet !  Those Grips look Great !!  Nice Work bud ...  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #104 on: Apr 25, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Shweet !  Those Grips look Great !!  Nice Work bud ...  8)
Appreciated Bud! 8)

Got the matte black layer painted and some more natural light weathering like you would see on an actual hard anodized blade:
Overall:

Detail of Edge and "Blood groove/Holes"

This was done using 600 grit sandpaper after a single coat of flat black dried with my heat gun... ...Took all of 10 minutes from start to finish ;)

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!