Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jesse's Soft Parts

• 66 Replies

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
Jesse's Soft Parts
« on: Aug 24, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Well, I finally get to start a soft parts thread! Yay! *chuckle*

Anyway, as you can see in my main WIP I got this set of scrubs for my flight suit. Comments and suggestions are most welcome. :)

Here's the link to my main thread. :) http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47774.msg771686#new

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Jesse's Soft Parts
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2012, 11:57 AM »
You could really do with extending those sleeves.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2012, 01:39 PM »
You could really do with extending those sleeves.

Yes sir, I'm planning on it. I'm waiting until someone has time to take me to goodwill or something so I can find something to rip the sleeves off of.

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

pyromastermuaddib

• Dark Smokepuncher
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2012, 01:46 PM »
If you could find the same scrub top in longsleves that would be EPIC. Easiest double sleeve ever.

I would just like everyone to know that I suck... And that I'm a girl... And I like ribbons in my hair... And I want to kiss all the boys.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2012, 02:10 PM »
If you could find the same scrub top in longsleves that would be EPIC. Easiest double sleeve ever.

Sounds good. I'll look into it :)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2012, 03:33 PM »

Thats what i did for my Double sleeve ;D but i used overalls and not  scrubs ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2012, 12:31 AM »
More progress! :D

Ok, so I got hold of an old T-shirt and cut it up to use as a pattern for my vest as per this tutorial: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=22566.0

I'll be using eyelets and lacing it down the sides.

Dana Black

• Erlaubt ist, was gefällt
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2012, 02:37 PM »
So what material will you use for your vest?

QMU #021

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2012, 03:22 PM »
So what material will you use for your vest?

I'm thinking vinyl, or something that looks like leather.

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2012, 08:58 AM »
I did the tee shirt pattern trick for my latest vest.  While it worked out, it is somewhat difficult to use the tee shirt as the material is so giving.

I took an old shirt, cut it to fit, cut the extra side material so it was a snug fit, then cut the seams on top of the shoulders making a front & back.  While this worked with a bit of creative stitching, I think it would have been easier to fold the front & back in half the long way and cut them out on a piece of folded material; hence making right & left identical.

It looks like your off to an excellent start!  Keep it up.   ;)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Thanks Narseryc. :D

I may be coming to you for advice when I get further into the vest making process.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2012, 11:06 PM »
I went to JoAnn's the other day and got some fabric:

For the vest: It's some sort of pleather, and not as shiny in real life.

and for the sash thing to go under my belt.

and today, I got gloves:

and belt pouches:

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2012, 08:39 AM »
I tried the t-shirt pattern. My mum suggested that I put it on to paper to make a template out of it. Then it got refined, and refined. And finally after four pattern attempts I got one that worked. Now despite the fact that it infuriated me, each step of the way, I will give you the same advice. Though the t-shirt may fit. Trace it onto some paper or cheap fabric, make a template from it to work from, refine it until the paper template fits then use your main material for you actual vest. It will take longer but will give you a better vest in the end. Just my two cents hope it helps and good luck with the build.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Awesome, Carid. (see I got it right, that time  :P) Thanks for the advice. :D

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2012, 03:02 PM »
All right I think i'm following all your WIPs now!  :-X  :D

Gloves are awesome (I won't bother telling you you need to remove the logos cuz you undoubtably know that :laugh: ). Pouches are the best! Very simple and Mando-y!
Now you live in Texas correct? Well not to be the bummer but, I think, your gunna want a different material for your vest. Pleather doesn't really breath so, if Texas is as hot as the steriotype would have me believe, then your gunna cook. You'll probably want real leather or duckcloth. But I'm guessing you've thought this out correct?

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Yep, I've already removed the logos from the gloves, so no problem there.

The vest will likely be a temporary thing. The material wasn't expensive, so I'm thinking that I could use this as a trial run, and if I like it, great, and if I don't, at least it will give me some experience.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Yep, I've already removed the logos from the gloves, so no problem there.

The vest will likely be a temporary thing. The material wasn't expensive, so I'm thinking that I could use this as a trial run, and if I like it, great, and if I don't, at least it will give me some experience.

Just as I suspected :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:16 PM »
If you haven't solved your flightsuit sleeves issue yet, you could just do what I did and find a very similar colored fabric at Joann's and sew on sleeves.
Outside:

Inside:

The grays aren't the same, but if it's very close and you do enough weathering, it should be passable. Good to see your build coming along!

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 10:18 PM by Haran Tracyn » Logged

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:49 PM »
yay! progress!

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #19 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:51 PM »
Thank you, Haran. I was thinking of doing something very similar to that :)

yay! progress!

lol Yes. It's a miracle :laugh:

Ok. I fixed the gloves :)

Jate Haran

• Turning useless osik into something useful
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:24 PM »
Your progress is awesome!!!!!

I do have a suggestion:

If you can find a long sleeved shirt, you can wear the short sleeved shirt on top of the long sleeved shirt giving it a Boba Fett Jumpsuit look to it. I'm not exactly sure what they call it but i think it's called a double sleeved jumpsuit that Boba Fett wears.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:40 PM »

and belt pouches:

ZOMG-I found the Exact same (Austrian?) mag pouches for sale today at my local Mil.surp shop-if you can find a good use for them(idk how I would use "half" pouches like that because not much I could put in them  :( )  PLZ say >.>

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #22 on: Nov 01, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Your progress is awesome!!!!!

I do have a suggestion:

If you can find a long sleeved shirt, you can wear the short sleeved shirt on top of the long sleeved shirt giving it a Boba Fett Jumpsuit look to it. I'm not exactly sure what they call it but i think it's called a double sleeved jumpsuit that Boba Fett wears.

Thanks, Jate ;D

And I do plan on putting long sleeves on the shirt. What I'll probably end up doing is getting a long sleeve shirt of matching material, ripping the sleeves off it and putting them on my scrubs shirt. That way I don't have to wear 2 shirts in 100 degree weather ;)

ZOMG-I found the Exact same (Austrian?) mag pouches for sale today at my local Mil.surp shop-if you can find a good use for them(idk how I would use "half" pouches like that because not much I could put in them  :( )  PLZ say >.>

Yep, the guy at the counter said they were German ammo pouches. Do you mean how much can I put in them?

This is what they look like from the back:

and here's what I got in them. On the left I have my three (3) pocket knives and a pen. On the right is my wallet

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Hmm....I think you may have convinced me to buy a pair to use as thigh pouches ner'vod....perhaps I could even stich some elastic loops under the flap to bedder hold stuff...   could probably fit an Iphone or soemthing in them too, but I don't have a phone  :(   Once i get some more materials and get set up at my new place, I'm going to look into modifying current leather pouches/holsters to better suit mando uses...I'll inform you should I get any progress on that in the future.

(yup...those are the EXACT same pouches....plus I can link either a rivet or garter to the loop ontop now that I think of it...)

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Is a Kama/loincloth combo acceptable?

It was a skirt, and I had my mom dye it darker and I slit it up the front. I think it will look pretty cool with a belt and sash and things.

This is what the hems looks like as of now.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!