Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jesse's Soft Parts

• 66 Replies

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
Re: Jesse's Soft Parts
« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Yep, I've already removed the logos from the gloves, so no problem there.

The vest will likely be a temporary thing. The material wasn't expensive, so I'm thinking that I could use this as a trial run, and if I like it, great, and if I don't, at least it will give me some experience.

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Yep, I've already removed the logos from the gloves, so no problem there.

The vest will likely be a temporary thing. The material wasn't expensive, so I'm thinking that I could use this as a trial run, and if I like it, great, and if I don't, at least it will give me some experience.

Just as I suspected :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:16 PM »
If you haven't solved your flightsuit sleeves issue yet, you could just do what I did and find a very similar colored fabric at Joann's and sew on sleeves.
Outside:

Inside:

The grays aren't the same, but if it's very close and you do enough weathering, it should be passable. Good to see your build coming along!

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 10:18 PM by Haran Tracyn » Logged

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:49 PM »
yay! progress!

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #19 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:51 PM »
Thank you, Haran. I was thinking of doing something very similar to that :)

yay! progress!

lol Yes. It's a miracle :laugh:

Ok. I fixed the gloves :)

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Jate Haran

• Turning useless osik into something useful
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:24 PM »
Your progress is awesome!!!!!

I do have a suggestion:

If you can find a long sleeved shirt, you can wear the short sleeved shirt on top of the long sleeved shirt giving it a Boba Fett Jumpsuit look to it. I'm not exactly sure what they call it but i think it's called a double sleeved jumpsuit that Boba Fett wears.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:40 PM »

and belt pouches:

ZOMG-I found the Exact same (Austrian?) mag pouches for sale today at my local Mil.surp shop-if you can find a good use for them(idk how I would use "half" pouches like that because not much I could put in them  :( )  PLZ say >.>

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #22 on: Nov 01, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Your progress is awesome!!!!!

I do have a suggestion:

If you can find a long sleeved shirt, you can wear the short sleeved shirt on top of the long sleeved shirt giving it a Boba Fett Jumpsuit look to it. I'm not exactly sure what they call it but i think it's called a double sleeved jumpsuit that Boba Fett wears.

Thanks, Jate ;D

And I do plan on putting long sleeves on the shirt. What I'll probably end up doing is getting a long sleeve shirt of matching material, ripping the sleeves off it and putting them on my scrubs shirt. That way I don't have to wear 2 shirts in 100 degree weather ;)

ZOMG-I found the Exact same (Austrian?) mag pouches for sale today at my local Mil.surp shop-if you can find a good use for them(idk how I would use "half" pouches like that because not much I could put in them  :( )  PLZ say >.>

Yep, the guy at the counter said they were German ammo pouches. Do you mean how much can I put in them?

This is what they look like from the back:

and here's what I got in them. On the left I have my three (3) pocket knives and a pen. On the right is my wallet

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2012, 09:20 PM »
Hmm....I think you may have convinced me to buy a pair to use as thigh pouches ner'vod....perhaps I could even stich some elastic loops under the flap to bedder hold stuff...   could probably fit an Iphone or soemthing in them too, but I don't have a phone  :(   Once i get some more materials and get set up at my new place, I'm going to look into modifying current leather pouches/holsters to better suit mando uses...I'll inform you should I get any progress on that in the future.

(yup...those are the EXACT same pouches....plus I can link either a rivet or garter to the loop ontop now that I think of it...)

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Is a Kama/loincloth combo acceptable?

It was a skirt, and I had my mom dye it darker and I slit it up the front. I think it will look pretty cool with a belt and sash and things.

This is what the hems looks like as of now.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:31 PM »
It looks ok-I would advise making it roughly knee length though  :-\    it kinda retains the skirt look a bit much at that length...

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:38 PM »
It's acceptable, though I'd say yeah, either shorten it a little or put some kind of heavier-looking material over it though the belts and stuff may take care of bulking it up.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #27 on: Nov 24, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Normally I don't like loincloths, but that long one looks ok ;) Just to avoid the skirtiness though I'd reccomend cutting it shorter aswell. I don't think up to the knees though, maybe just halfway up the shins. Also if you put a slit up the back (not as far as the front) too I think that would help.

(man that was bad grammer ??? :P )

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #28 on: Nov 24, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I cuncur about the slit as well: perhaps halfway up the thighs, well-at least that's how mine is.

Jesse Libarra

« Reply #29 on: Nov 24, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Normally I don't like loincloths, but that long one looks ok ;) Just to avoid the skirtiness though I'd reccomend cutting it shorter aswell. I don't think up to the knees though, maybe just halfway up the shins. Also if you put a slit up the back (not as far as the front) too I think that would help.

(man that was bad grammer ??? :P )

yeah, normally I don't care for the loincloths either, but due to some religious preferences, I need to keep it as much like a 'skirt' as possible.

Here's my concept art:

I may slit it up the back, though.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!