Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ethics Question

• 22 Replies

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Ethics Question
« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2012, 12:13 AM »
I don't think it requires actual animal fur.

Viradechtis

• Mando without war is like a starship without space
« Reply #16 on: Sep 07, 2012, 12:17 AM »
I don't think it requires actual animal fur.

Yeah, it can be either real or faux. However if you have access to real pelts, i'd use them over spending money for something you already have. This hobby isn't cheap, why make it more expensive?

"Mando without war is like a starship without space." Torian Cadera

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Sep 07, 2012, 01:30 AM »
If it's legal under Federal, Country, State, County, Municipal laws and doesnt violate the clubs "gore" caveat, it's fine.

So, even if it were obtained legally 300 years ago, I wouldnt use an ivory tusk from an elephant. But, a squirrel hide you tanned last week is fine.

I honestly have NO idea if that pelt is currently legal, was legal then, is protected because of age etc. To me, at that age, I wouldn't risk it on my costume. being so old and in such good shape as well as being a handed down family item Id keep it safe as an heirloom.

That said, if I were going to have furs on my costume I would use real ones. I dont care how good the fakes are. They never look and feel as good as the real deal.

I wouldnt advertise it beyond having it on the costume. If anyone asked, real or fake, Id tell them it's them this "It's just a costume prop" and either move along or swing the conversation elsewhere.

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Sep 07, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Just tell anyone who gets uppity that it's fake...

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Sep 07, 2012, 11:01 AM »
That would be lying.

I have a whole goat hide, with fur, that I will be using on mine. Haters will hate. Like Falin said, so long as it doesn't break the law and isn't gory, you can do whatever the heck you want, it's YOUR costume. Not theirs.

DoseOrdo

• [The Bold]
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Sep 07, 2012, 11:13 AM »
That would be lying.

Really? Alittle white lie hurts no one and avoids the issue so everyone can go about their business.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #21 on: Sep 07, 2012, 11:59 AM »
I think this question has been completely answered at this point.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Sep 07, 2012, 12:34 PM »
. If anyone asked, real or fake, Id tell them it's them this "It's just a costume prop"

That's a statement that is completely factual and will most like be inferred as "fake" by the person asking. So, you can "Jedi Mind Trick" them without being dishonest.

;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!