Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

first armor WIP updated

• 22 Replies

Zouka E'tad

• After many years , I have returned
first armor WIP updated
« on: Sep 18, 2012, 10:06 PM »
so i received some of K'raams armor the other day , which by the way is awesome! :D  so i wanted to know if the size  looked correct and whats the best way to attach it to the vest  ?
i also know its not lined or correctly i had to use some clear packing tape to hold it up ...it was all i had in the casa at the moment . and i ran out of tape for the shoulders lol

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: first armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Size looks good Vod ;D

i have  K'raam plates and i attached them to my vest with Velcro  ;D  Top tip for  K'raam plates before you paint them if you use a dremel to put some damage in to the paint on the plates and then paint over it you will get some great 3D damage ;) 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2012, 02:49 AM »
Your collar might be a bit under-size. The bottom corners of it should pretty much line up with the upper corners of the chest plate, and your collar is quite far inside the edges of the chest plates. Everything else looks great, even the spacing is pretty much spot on for taped on. Great work so far, vod!

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2012, 12:52 AM »
I used snaps on mine, and they work great.

While Dremels are fun, throwing said plates down a drive way is much more fun...

Zouka E'tad

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:00 PM »
thanks for all the advice  ;D ,so i finally  have been able to work on my armor  and vest ideas . so for the vest i decided to not cut the bottom off but instead fold it underneath and hold it up with the girth belt . the armor plates are not held up with to much at the moment , i just busted out some cheap velcro for a temp job . im still trying to figure out wich would be the best kind of velcro that wont fall off .still have lots of work to get to merc standard but im getting there  :P

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:42 PM »
You'll want at least industrial strength velcro. Anything lesser will wear out too fast. After a year, my velcro on my plates is holding mostly fine, but my vest is losing a bit of hold since I have to undo that all the time to get the vest on and off.

Your weathering looks really good too!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Placement needs to be tighten up a bit vod ;)

but looking good ;)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Yep, what Niabi said, just bring your chest and ad plates towards the diamond and the whole thing a little bit closer to the collar plate...!

Nice looking bucket also!! You're gonna use the Assassin or the Enforcer?

Zouka E'tad

« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2012, 11:12 PM »
thanks all for the suggestions !!!!!!!!!! :D   im gonna stick with the assassin for now , but i will be making the enforcer a set in January after i make some serious credits ,  heres a Halloween picture i found of my self today on fb , i wore short sleeve because i wore it all day for lectures and walking  in the sunny weather . and due to my jacket/vest im gonna make a two piece flight suit , the bottoms im wearing are what i am gonna try to use , but i plan on dying them greyish . also the cape was made because the back plate i bought was way to small and did not fit on my wid shoulders and torso correctly ... but i like the look . 

heres an image of the cape

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2012, 12:38 AM »
I like the progress.  Colors are great as well.

Membership revoked due to pending felony convictions

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2012, 12:39 AM »
Liking the Cape. Maybe some more disstressing with sandpaper and it will look on spot. ;)

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2012, 03:14 PM »
placement is looking better vod ;) the gut plate could do with coming up a bit ;)

Zouka E'tad

« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:48 PM »
thanks for all the suggestions  :D   work on my armor had been slow due to College and family medical problems which have lead to me being in the negative when it comes to credits for the past month . but im working on cutting up my back plate that didnt fit into  some extra armor parts such as armor for  the back of my gloves and the small trash pieces into finger armor , but my biggest problem is finding the right dremel blades that will last longer than just a couple of seconds when cutting the metal . im using a dremel 4000 because its basically the only power tool i have available until i can get some more big credits.

besides glove armor does anyone have any ideas in what i can use the spare metal for , its not enough metal to make gauntlets or full bicep armor , i was thinking  maybe a cod piece or shin armor 

Coreysnaps

• Kaiya Ardellian
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:25 AM »
I'd say that you could most likely get a cod out of that.  If it's got long enough parts, then cod OR shin, but not both.  If you go cod, you could probably get some boot armor out of it, if you want it.

"...I leave to the discretion of the MMCC merch officer." 

If you have a Supply question, please ask here: Here

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:08 AM »
but my biggest problem is finding the right dremel blades that will last longer than just a couple of seconds when cutting the metal

Diamond cutting bit. Well worth the cost. I was going through metal cutting bits at a rate of 1 a piece of armour before somebody suggested the diamond one to me. It's done nearly a full set and still doesn't even look worn.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:20 PM »
Diamond cutting bit. Well worth the cost. I was going through metal cutting bits at a rate of 1 a piece of armour before somebody suggested the diamond one to me. It's done nearly a full set and still doesn't even look worn.

This ^^

Kris speaks the truth The Diamond cutting bit is awesome.

Zouka E'tad

« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:36 PM »
 :-\   been a while since i have made any progress but i  finaly made some of my own metal armor  ;D   

from left to right is  as follows :  right guant , left gaunt , left and right shin armor , and some foot/boot armor  . nee to find ways of attaching all the pieces before i paint them  , and i have to put the hinges and greeblies on my guants  :laugh:

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2013, 02:19 PM »
Nice progress ;D

Zouka E'tad

« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2013, 06:07 PM »
new update !!! no guants yet but i have made progress 

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2013, 11:36 PM »
new update !!! no guants yet but i have made progress 

Not bad.  The diamond is a little subdued and hard to see because of the lighting...  Maybe border it in silver?  Weather it up a bit to make it pop more, possibly?  Other than that, your armor looks outstanding.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #20 on: Feb 23, 2013, 02:29 PM »
This is what im seeing ;)

overall its looking good ;) just a few things :

Plates could do with tightening up the spacing a bit ;)

Looks like the chest plates are pulling away from the body on the Teeth might need a bit more shaping or better securing to the vest

you need knees and a cod ;)

Zouka E'tad

« Reply #21 on: Sep 06, 2013, 01:23 AM »
i know its been a really long time but i finally  got some where with my armor     i still need to work on the little things to get it  ready to be official but for the most  part its complete .  i just need a new vest , and weapon . those are my bigest flaws i can see . any things you guys could see wrong that should be fxed let me know please  :)  i have some time to finish this be fore life takes up all my time again

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
Re: first armor WIP updated
« Reply #22 on: Sep 08, 2013, 12:40 PM »
Chest plates look a little out of alignment.

Apart from that it looks nice ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!