Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Poll

Does the girth/kama need a back panel (Pics pgs. 3 & 4)

No! ...Keep it simple!
Yes! ...Hide yer rear!

Jaa'det 1st Beskar'gam... NEW WIP

• 294 Replies

Jaa'det Otxoa

• You can't shoot what you can't see! OM #0872
Re: Jaa'det 1st Beskar'gam... NEW WIP
« Reply #195 on: Jan 18, 2014, 12:00 AM »
Ok after taking the suggestions given I have made a few final tweaks to the plates prior to this thing going to paint!  ;) 

So here's the list:
- Got the Velcro glued to the back plates and corresponding pieces sewn to the vest.
- Reshaped the shoulder bells, again :rolleyes:
- Trimmed the outer corners of the collarplate to match the chest plates.
- Re-spaced the chest plates to fix the gap between the collar/chest plates!

Front shot showing trimmed collar and respaced plates:

Profile with backplate and reshaped shoulderbells:

Back with backplate and kidney guards:

Next stop...  ...final sanding and paint! ;)

<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Weapons: 53%
Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #196 on: Jan 18, 2014, 12:27 AM »
Looking solid, vod!  Glad to see this kit coming together!

Naren Sprax

• So I says to Mable, I says...
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #197 on: Jan 18, 2014, 02:48 AM »
Great stuff! Love the backplate!  8)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #198 on: Jan 19, 2014, 02:29 PM »
awesome stuff vod ;) Keep it up

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #200 on: Jan 23, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Lookin good!

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #201 on: Jan 23, 2014, 08:35 PM »
Beautiful. Liking this very much! Do go on!

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #202 on: Jan 24, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Looking solid, vod!  Glad to see this kit coming together!
Great stuff! Love the backplate!  8)
awesome stuff vod ;) Keep it up
liking this !   ;)
Lookin good!
Beautiful. Liking this very much! Do go on!
Thanks Vode! I'm hoping to get this thing wrapped up soon! ;D

As for an update... It's Paint time!

About 2/3 of the plates got final sanding to smooth out the rough edges & corners and their first coat of primer around 1:30 in the morning the other day!

I think they look a lot nicer all one color ;), still have the collar/chest/ab plates to sand and prime (hopefully tonight)

Also got my half chaps in, sort of... they sent the wrong ones! I was supposed to get a pair that were suede and closer to the color of my shoes, but I have the seller looking for the right pair to exchange them, but until then these should work!

So pretty much the only elements of my kit that are actually "missing" (haven't been made) are the ammo belt and side/cross draw holster for my DL-33!

Time to kick this thing in the shebs to get app pics in soon! 8)

<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #203 on: Jan 24, 2014, 07:27 PM »
Too cool, man!! And, whats going on with those 'half chaps'?? I'm totally diggin 'em, and have been looking for something along those lines for awhile!

OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #204 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:48 AM »
Too cool, man!! And, whats going on with those 'half chaps'?? I'm totally diggin 'em, and have been looking for something along those lines for awhile!
Vor'e Pesh,  ;)
The Half chaps were actually way too small (felt like I had a constrictor wrapped around my leg), so I am trying to get another pair that are the right size and hopefully can get a used pair so that they are "pre-weathered" :P

In other news, all the plates are now in primer! ;D
I got the chest/ab plates final sanding and primed them the other night! (sorry, my phone died and I forgot to go back an grab some pics ???)
But last night (This morning :P) I wet sanded the knees and shoulder bells and put a second coat of primer and 2 coats of aluminum!
and here's proof!

I just need to clean up a slight bit of wrinkling on the side of one of the knees, let em dry next to the heater for a couple days and start on the toothpaste weathering and base color them in orange! ;D

;D ??? Getting closer to app pic time! ??? ;D

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #205 on: Jan 30, 2014, 10:13 AM »
tiny update

Shoulder bells and knees have been toothpaste masked and are now orange!

That is all...
    ... please return to your regularly scheduled Mercing! ;)

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #206 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:53 PM »
I'm a big fan of the orange, my friend!!

OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #207 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Somehow I've missed this. I've seen that bucket in your pic aroun a few places.... Those plates look wicked sexy.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Jaa'det Otxoa

« Reply #208 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:40 AM »
I'm a big fan of the orange, my friend!!
Thanks vod, I saw that you went with some in your color scheme too! ;D
Thought it fitting after I read this post while trying to decide on a color scheme (besides it being my favorite color)

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but in the spirit of helpfulness, here's the link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_armor  You'll need to scroll down quite a bit, but it'll behoove you to read the rest of the info along the way.  If the link doesn't work, here's the quote of the meanings during and after the Clone Wars era:
As of the Clone Wars, these colors were known to have significance:
Gray=Mourning a Lost Love
Red=Honoring a Father
Black=Justice
Gold=Vengeance
Green=Duty
Blue=Reliability
Orange=A Lust for Life

These are the widely accepted meanings, though it must be noted that some Mandalorians simply prefer the look of a certain color and don't really care about its meaning.  Also, Journeyman Protectors are expected to have green as the primary color, and other canon characters naturally have their own set paint schemes.  I hope that helps.

Also, do not take this code to mean that you must stick to a single color. It is more visually appealing to combine colors that mesh well together.  Try to find colors that  A.You really like/want on your armor  and B.Have meaning pertaining to your character's personality.  Also keep in mind the color of your flight suit and other acccessories to ensure that your costume looks professional and appealing.

Somehow I've missed this. I've seen that bucket in your pic aroun a few places.... Those plates look wicked sexy.
Thanks vod, glad you found my WIP! Plate design was from probably about 5 years ago, just never got around to actually making them, now that they are actually real I can't wait to get 'em finished!

...Speaking of getting 'em finished... :P

Cleaned off the toothpaste weathering this morning... ;D

Et voila...

Just need to add the Black stripe design to the Left knee, add the fine scratches/scrapes and dirty them up for these to be complete and ready to be cleared. I'll hold off on clear coating the shoulder bells until I have the sigils for my clan and specialty (will be applying for Spec Ops: Sniper Brigade once I get my sniper Verp built).

...Getting closer, one plate at a time! ;)

Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Kyr Vykos

• Working - slowly - on first kit
« Reply #209 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:50 PM »
You've got a really kandosii kit, ner vod. When I'm able to work on and paint mine, I'm going to borrow your weathering method if that's alright.

Munit tome'tayl, skotah iisa.

Aliit ori'shya taldin.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!