Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

This Jumpsuit... ???

• 4 Replies
This Jumpsuit... ???
« on: Sep 30, 2012, 05:07 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tru-Spec-24-7-Series-65-35-Cotton-Poly-Rip-Stop-Jumpsuit-w-Teflon-/261097928241?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&var=560156113444&hash=item3ccaa63631
(Woah, eBay has long links.)

I plan on making a late-crusader era kit and, because I'm more frugal than a Toydarian, will avoid a vest because the requirements for that era allow me to attach directly to the suit.

What modifications will I have to do? Cover zippers? Are the pockets a problem? Is this suit worth the price? Is that collar crazy? Can anyone explain the belt... thing? I plan on getting the black one, in case that affects one of my questions.

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
Re: This Jumpsuit... ???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2012, 05:09 PM »
As far as mods go, I'd say unless your armor completely covers the chest, remove the chest pockets and cover the zip. The "belt... thing" is so you can tighten up the waist to fit you better (a very nice feature for a mando). The collar would actually make really nice neck seal!

I'd say go for it. In fact at that price, if the suits what you want, get it as fast as you can! :P

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2012, 05:52 PM »
That's a nice looking suit, and a good price. Your vest should cover those pockets, no problem. They might prove to be a bit bulky though under the vest, so you may want to remove them anyhow later. I'd say go for it too.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Sounds good, just ordered it. Thank you for satisfying my infinite supply of questions.

I just realized I can store my EL wire's battery packs in the chest pockets. If I don't have my jetpack completed for a while, that would be perfect.

/thread

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2012, 10:24 PM »
eBay messed up (reset the order settings) and sent me a large instead of a medium, but it fits my friend perfectly, looks great, the collar is the perfect length for him so he won't need a neckseal, and the pockets are super flat so there's no reason to destroy them. I would highly recommend these jumpsuits.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!