Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mirialan Costume

• 10 Replies

DendrosGenet

• Nuh'la dini'la! It's CRAZY fun!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Mirialan Costume
« on: Oct 21, 2012, 11:32 PM »
I'm planning out a Mirialan costume, and once I've finished working out the details (in terms of makeup pricing, etc. As money's running a little short) I'll post the walkthrough. I merely wanted to put this here, because I will forget that this makeup page exists by the time I get the stuff.

"Let's do this!"

"Nuh'la dini'la! It's CRAZY fun!"

Member #1152

Oryon

• Ωryon: Honourable Duelist and Deathwatch Hunter
Re: Mirialan Costume
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2012, 11:49 PM »
Mirialan...? TO GOOGLE!!!!

Oh I see now, like Baris Ofee. That shouldn'y be too too hard to do.

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2012, 11:52 PM by Oryon » Logged

M.A.D. #031    M.A. #087    24er    M.A.B.E.L. #020    M.L.C.S. #19    WIP    Helmet

DendrosGenet

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2012, 01:15 AM »
Overall it shouldn't, but I can see a possible issue some might have with makeup in general, being in theater, I can give tutorials on that. Plus the repeated geometric shapes might be a little tricky. Still figuring that out. I have a concept, just not sure if it's as good in practice.

"Let's do this!"

Member #1152

Oryon

• Ωryon: Honourable Duelist and Deathwatch Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2012, 03:04 AM »
We'll see how good it is during trooping XD thats how just about everything gets worked out :P

M.A.D. #031    M.A. #087    24er    M.A.B.E.L. #020    M.L.C.S. #19    WIP    Helmet

Grimmjack

• I didn't do it.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2012, 03:11 AM »
Make a flexible stencil and the those shapes are no problem to repeat.  Anywhere that will laser cut vinyl graphics can probably cut a stencil in vinyl or silicon.  Though if you have a supplier for the right materials you can do a thin silicon cast with pretty nice results.  If I were doing it, I would invest in an airbrush that can handle make up and a LOT of neutral powder.

Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

DendrosGenet

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2012, 04:19 PM »
I was thinking a stencil, but I've never been comfortable with Airbrushing makeup, myself. I prefer the old fashioned method with a sponge and a small thing of the color. My plan, (still haven't put in practice) was a stencil and a darker shade of the skin tone, then rub the sponge over and it SHOULD work, otherwise I'd use the stencil with a makeup brush.

"Let's do this!"

Member #1152

Grimmjack

• I didn't do it.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:09 PM »
You don need to use an airbrush it is just the most effective method.  You can use a sponge though it will be a bit smudgy.  Sans air brush go for a really nice brush.  If you do a green skin tone make sure you powder it really well.  Put your stencil in place and brush light coats.  The down side to this is that the make up will be slightly raised.  I did native american war paint for a show once this way and I had a deuce of a time getting the actors not to rub their face.  You could always buy some temporary tattoo paper, put them on then apply your skin tone over it.  You want a translucent skin tone anyway so the temp tattoos should show up well.

Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

DendrosGenet

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Could work pretty well. Makes sense. I'm just making sure I've got all my pricing right, and everything ready to tutorial when the time comes.

I still need to get the stuff.

and in regards to not rubbing faces, believe me I know how hard it is. Theater experience really helps

"Let's do this!"

Member #1152

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2012, 05:27 PM »
Send a PM to Segutai. Her sister did a mirialan at CVI.

sarah_d

• Arah Lise Jadd
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2012, 04:17 PM »
I do Barriss Offee and use a stencil out of thick paper and i've also got one that i laminated and cut the diamond shapes out with a craft knife, i use a liquid eyeliner pen for my tattoos and they've stayed on for 6+ hours trooping without smudging.

I use eyeshadow to colour my skin over a light foundation and then neutral powder on top to matte it down a bit and that's stayed on well trooping too, never had to re-touch my make-up except for my lipstick  :)

E.M.T.S. #32  V.R.C.A. #10

Talev

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2012, 12:36 PM »
I'm going to bookmark this.. thinking about making my Mando a Mirilian, too.

Don't know if you can get that stuff in the US, but there's some alcohol based make up on the market, usable either with a brush ( you'll ned alcohol to liquify it) or as airbrush make up.
That stuff stays on for days and you need to rub it off with alcohol.. our hardest test was 4 days nonstop wearing on hands, face and neck area (with a high collar rubbing against it). It flakes off on areas that are rubbed frequently (neck) but doesn't smudge.. a plus if you use light textiles.

For basic skin tones I simply love cake make up.. it's sweat resistent, but I never tried olive tones, just 'white' skin colours for normal theater make up.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!