Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kane the Nagai

• 20 Replies

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
Kane the Nagai
« on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:06 PM »
so i've decided that for my kit i'd like to have a Nagai as my base.

Nagai, or "knives", are a species from the firefist satilite galaxy who invaded the "skyriver" and caused some havoc ;)

like their nickname suggests, they love knives :laugh:

they were known to the galaxy before their invasion, but awareness of the near-humans was limited...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nagai

for this i'll need black hair spray-on dye (short term stuffs :P) and white makeup... (AKA flour :laugh:)

what say ye?

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Kane the Nagai
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Could work. I'd go with a wig though, as it would be hard to both paint your skin and then darken your hair. If you can get a wig, you can put your real hair into a tight fitting net, paint your face up, then place the wig on.

Kane Friax

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:20 PM »
the fun part is: my hair looks exactly like the one on the picture :laugh: one shade darker hair and a little time in the basement and i'd pass for a nagai without makeup :-X

-Kane

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Don't the nagai also have pointy ears? In my story about Cando his mando mentor is a Nagai, and I wrote him a lot like Leonard Nimoy, not spock...but Nimoy himself. It was a fun and interesting character :)

Kane Friax

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:32 PM »
Don't the nagai also have pointy ears? In my story about Cando his mando mentor is a Nagai, and I wrote him a lot like Leonard Nimoy, not spock...but Nimoy himself. It was a fun and interesting character :)

Dang it! i forgot the whole "angular features" thing :( hopefully only the ears are notably angular, otherwise i'll need a fake nose :P

judging from the reference pics, the nose and chin aren't that angular so my natural face should pass muster.

looking at them again, i've gotta say... Cando you've ruined me. all i see is spock now :rolleyes:

After the surrender, the Nagai were given Saijo to settle on. Only a few did so, joining the Alliance; the others (accompanied by the Mandalorians) went to liberate Nagi from the Tofs.

Nagai and mandos really do go hand in hand :P

-Kane

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2012, 06:41 PM »
Nah, Vulcans don't dress nearly as cool as that. I love the Nagai. I just want you be prepared for those who don't know about the nagai, you will get a lot "Hey, look! A Vulcan Mandalorian!"

Some people just don't get it, but...if you dress like that, have hair like that, knives like that, nobody will make the connection :)

Kane Friax

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:00 PM »
ya i'm prepared :D

-Kane

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:41 PM »
You might be better off with pancake makeup? I know it's greasier,  but flour? If you sweat at all it's gone...

Kane Friax

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:42 PM »
lol i was kidding :laugh: i've got no clue what i'm using :-X

-Kane

Khor Mariik

• Dread on the wind, Death from the shadows.
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 50 official invasions. 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:33 PM »
Try looking here.

http://www.clownantics.com/clown-makeup/ben-nye-makeup-71-1-c.html

I was just looking into and buying supplies for a drow cosplay and many in my group recommended the Ben Nye make up and the neutral setting powder to keep it from rubbing off. You'd be going opposite of what I'm doing with drow, but should work the same with appropriate colors.

Also, here's a link from the same group for ears:

http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears

Kane Friax

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2012, 11:06 PM »
been doing some research and i keep running into Arkanian Offshoot :-X. i was never really sure about nagai in the first place (though they were always my first choice).

maybe i should keep looking for other species before i decide :rolleyes: (there's something about putting on clown makeup that keeps me from really enjoying the idea of a nagai kit... well, that and 40 dollar ear addons :-X)

-Kane

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2012, 11:14 PM »
The ears shouldn't be that big a problem if you know where to look ;) depending on the size you want you can get em for around $12 or $15

http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears

Hope this helps

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29

Kane Friax

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2012, 11:34 PM »
yup seen those :) my problem with most of those is the shape... i'm not zelda :laugh:

-Kane

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Ha fair enough

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:09 AM »
yup seen those :) my problem with most of those is the shape... i'm not zelda :laugh:

-Kane

Look for ear tips instead of full ears then. They usually come in a variety of sizes and the smaller ones are pretty subtle.

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
« Reply #15 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:55 PM »
Also, for the makeup, you have to have something that will stay on even through a day of taking your helmet off and putting it back on.
For theatre Spirit gum usually works quite well

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons

Kane Friax

« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2012, 06:33 AM »
For theatre Spirit gum usually works quite well

gum to hold on the makeup? :rolleyes:

-Kane

Adenn Kyram

• There is no such thing as overkill only efficiency
« Reply #17 on: Oct 31, 2012, 11:57 PM »
spirit gum is a brand name ;)

M.A. #16-24er , EMTS #90 , M.A.J.I.C. #086 , M5SP #13 , M.A.D # 27 , E.R.A #13 , K.O.M.S#008 , B.O.M.B #19

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2012, 01:55 AM »
Spirit Gum is a tacky glue used to keep prosthetic latex pieces glued to the face or in this case ears.

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045

Kane Friax

« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2012, 05:53 PM »
oooohh! gotcha! :P

;D

-Kane

K'urn

• A leader stands alone.
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Spirit gun really doesn't hold well, especially in areas that sweat. You would be better off using pros-aide. I have even seen some larpers use super glue (not awfully convinced of the safety of this) but if you want the ears to stay on through numerous times of removing the helmet, it might be worth a test. I've heard of and seen people actually sleep with their ears on, and be fine the next day.
...and good God, stay away from grease make-up it will come off on EVERYTHING!! Instead use some Ben Nye Cake Make-up.
K-
P.S.- I'm actually a make-up artist by trade.  ;D

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2012, 07:44 PM by K'urn » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!