Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Missed it by THAT much

• 0 Replies

Grimmjack

• I didn't do it.
Missed it by THAT much
« on: Oct 31, 2012, 11:34 AM »
I made a flak vest, turned out pretty ok.  Then I got it on and it is too fitted under the arms to allow good movement, the shoulder tabs resemble airplane wings and the front of the neck is too far down it messes with my plate alignment.
Back to the drawing board on that one!  Going to go with a Simplicity vest pattern as I feel it should be easier to alter that than it was was to make a successful pattern from an old T shirt :)

I guess I used up my costuming karma by scoring the awesome set of coveralls at Sears, on sale AND in my exact size.  Go figure.

Addendum:
Pedal is trying really hard not to work on the sewing machine as I work on a second (and better) vest.  Waiting for another sewing machine to arrive from a family member who is not currently using said machine. . .

Now I know how it feels when a smoker has a nic fit.  I really want to keep rolling on this and I am stalled out.

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 08:31 PM by Grimmjack » Logged
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!