Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jate's Soft Parts- Cape Re-paint

• 52 Replies

Yutah

• Proud Wearer of a Lonewolf Helmet, blank #6
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016
Re: Homemade Cape Pictures
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Thread jumping! Cape looks fine, it just needs to fully cover your back and where a theoretical backplate would be. I have a cape, very simple to do.

My wip- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=53202.30

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Me in jumpsuit
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Taglar told me that it takes about 1 to 2 years to make a proper set of armor, so hopefully by then the jumpsuit fits better. But I will consider this idea.

Thanks vod

I made both of my kits in 2 months (each kit). 3 of my clan mates, as well as a couple ex members also made theirs in a matter of months. It all depends on the time you put into it, and your recourses for funding and materials .

Jate Haran

• Turning useless osik into something useful
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Thread jumping! Cape looks fine, it just needs to fully cover your back and where a theoretical backplate would be. I have a cape, very simple to do.

Wow! Your thread is most impressive ner vod! I like your color scheme. (Red matches well with any color)  8) ;D

Jate Haran

« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:45 PM »

Would you know how to paint on a symbol on a cape? I'm not sure how to do that..

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Usually using a stencil and paint.

Jate Haran

« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Usually using a stencil and paint.

Thanks, I thought it had to be a specific paint and /or fabric.

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Jate's Soft Parts
« Reply #22 on: Nov 23, 2012, 03:50 AM »
Industrial strength velcro will do the trick on the plates, but use the sew-on kind on the vest. I've had no trouble with the industrial strength stuff by itself, haven't needed to reinforce the stickiness with anything yet.

Jate Haran

« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Industrial strength velcro will do the trick on the plates, but use the sew-on kind on the vest. I've had no trouble with the industrial strength stuff by itself, haven't needed to reinforce the stickiness with anything yet.

I tried using hot glue to re-enforce the Velcro and it actually makes it worse.

Thank you for your suggest Haran, I appreciate it.  ;D

Jate Haran

Re: Jate's Soft Parts New
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Updates:
Here's the 14'' stencil that I made, using the PDF file that Ru'Der Marekar made and sent to me via e-mail. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=8588 A big thank you to you sir. 8)

I'll be using this stencil for the skull on my cape. The only problem I'm having is the paper is curling upwards. Should I tape the underside of it before painting or use something else to keep it from curling?

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #25 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:08 PM »
wow vod good cutting! i failed pretty hard last time i tried that :laugh:

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #26 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:26 PM »
What kind of paper did you transfer it onto? If it's normal printer paper you might have difficulty with it popping up in places, whenever I've tried using thin paper like that in the past it ends up being more trouble than it's worth.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #27 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:32 PM »
What Haran said. Transferring that to thicker paper will help.

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #28 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:34 PM »
cereal box actually :laugh: i just didn't have an Exacto at the time :P

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

Jate Haran

« Reply #29 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:03 PM »
wow vod good cutting! i failed pretty hard last time i tried that :laugh:

-Kane

Thank you vod. ;) If your interested I'll send you the PDF file to you, if you'd like.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!