Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jate's Soft Parts- Cape Re-paint

• 52 Replies

Jate Haran

• Turning useless osik into something useful
Jate's Soft Parts- Cape Re-paint
« on: Nov 01, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Updates:
Here are some pictures of the material for my cape. It's a little long from shoulder to shoulder. I'll start soon on the trimming, and I want to paint a mandalorian skull symbol on it but I'm not sure if this material is the best for painting on:

This is a perfect example of what I'm working towards: http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q469/darkewood/Armor%20Soft%20Parts/capetapedonbackplate.jpg
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pictures of my homemade cape. I hope to wear this on my final armor. Hopefully I don't have to make a back plate seeing that the cape covers my back.  ;D

And pictures of the belt I hope to use, for my Kama(for now).

I'll be replacing the buckle with a piece of wood, The wood will have an engraved Mythosaurs skull on it then spray painted silver.

The card is the size, the wood buckle will be. [/list]

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 12:57 PM by Jate Haran » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Me in jumpsuit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2012, 01:49 PM »
that belt hummm i see costume base has changed there user name  :-X

dont like to bash people but i have heard both good and bad things about costume base  ??? be careful vod is all im saying.

as for the flight suit ;) nice ;D legs look a bit baggy but with a bit of tailoring it will be awesome ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:55 PM »
that belt hummm i see costume base has changed there user name  :-X

dont like to bash people but i have heard both good and bad things about costume base  ??? be careful vod is all im saying.

as for the flight suit ;) nice ;D legs look a bit baggy but with a bit of tailoring it will be awesome ;)

You Took the Words Right out of my Mouth Niabi ...... Fleabay is not the Mandalorian Super Store . :rolleyes:

Having a Bigger Flight suit is better than to Small . Once it's fitted it will be much much better .
Good Luck with your Build ner'vod ....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2012, 04:29 PM »
That belt from them is pretty decent, I use on on Val's kit. It is a pain the weather though.

Jate Haran

« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:57 PM »
You Took the Words Right out of my Mouth Niabi ...... Fleabay is not the Mandalorian Super Store . :rolleyes:

Having a Bigger Flight suit is better than to Small . Once it's fitted it will be much much better .
Good Luck with your Build ner'vod ....  8)

Niabi said that the legs are a little to long on my jumpsuit, would it be okay to roll them up?

ConDar Ward

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:15 PM »
I'd Hem them personally .  :-X

Jate Haran

« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2012, 08:51 PM »
I'd Hem them personally .  :-X

Taglar told me that it takes about 1 to 2 years to make a proper set of armor, so hopefully by then the jumpsuit fits better. But I will consider this idea.

Thanks vod

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
Re: Old Plastic Plates
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:13 PM »
IMO, everyone should have their flightsuits tailored, it does a good job on pushing a kit that extra mile and making it look as if it walked off a movie screen. However that's wishful thinking on my part and some people make baggier flightsuits work. On the pouches, I'd say getting surplus mosin nagant pouches or the like would remove the need for weathering, since they're already  pretty beat up and honestly those pouches remind me of cell phone cases. Excited to see this come together  8)

Jate Haran

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:19 PM »
IMO, everyone should have their flightsuits tailored, it does a good job on pushing a kit that extra mile and making it look as if it walked off a movie screen. However that's wishful thinking on my part and some people make baggier flightsuits work. On the pouches, I'd say getting surplus mosin nagant pouches or the like would remove the need for weathering, since they're already  pretty beat up and honestly those pouches remind me of cell phone cases. Excited to see this come together  8)

I agree with you on the belt vod, they do look like cell phone cases. I Google searched boba fett belt and it looks nothing like it.

Barbarossa Kad

• Keeper of the Boomstick
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2012, 09:21 AM »
That belt looks close to a Jango belt but it looks like they got the side pieces upside down. In the pic the side of one of the pouchs the rounded end is at the top and the flat end is bottom. It should be the other way around, but with a custom mando it shouldn't matter I don't think. The flight suit I think needs to be took in a little if you don't it will bunch up where the leg plates attach.
Here is what I mean see on my legs

And this is after I took in the legs and hemed them

Sorry to ramble on

I did take in the arms too.

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012, 09:26 AM by Barbarossa Kad » Logged
There is a method to my madness.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka

ConDar Ward

« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2012, 10:08 AM »
The Flight suit looks much Better ner'vod .....  ;)

Wouldn't you agree ?

Jate Haran

« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2012, 12:57 PM »
The Flight suit looks much Better ner'vod .....  ;)

Wouldn't you agree ?

Defiantly! I was playing around with my flight suit the other day and it does feel better like that, I just have to make it permanent! ;) ;D

Jate Haran

« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2012, 12:59 PM »
That belt looks close to a Jango belt but it looks like they got the side pieces upside down. In the pic the side of one of the pouchs the rounded end is at the top and the flat end is bottom. It should be the other way around, but with a custom mando it shouldn't matter I don't think. The flight suit I think needs to be took in a little if you don't it will bunch up where the leg plates attach.
Here is what I mean see on my legs

And this is after I took in the legs and hemed them

Sorry to ramble on

I did take in the arms too.

You did a great job on the final flightsuit look on the legs and arms. I'm probably gonna hem mine too.  8) ;D :D ;)
Time to get official eh, vod? ;) ;) ;)

Barbarossa Kad

• Keeper of the Boomstick
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2012, 01:21 PM »
I'm really close the elastic on my shins pulled off just had it hot glued I'm going to use snaps to reattach it and then do the same to the other leg pieces but besides that I have everything else done so not to much longer I guess

There is a method to my madness.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka

Jate Haran

« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I'm really close the elastic on my shins pulled off just had it hot glued I'm going to use snaps to reattach it and then do the same to the other leg pieces but besides that I have everything else done so not to much longer I guess

Soon you'll be Official and the aruetii's will be trembling with fear.  8)

Yutah

• Proud Wearer of a Lonewolf Helmet, blank #6
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Homemade Cape Pictures
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2012, 05:26 PM »
Thread jumping! Cape looks fine, it just needs to fully cover your back and where a theoretical backplate would be. I have a cape, very simple to do.

My wip- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=53202.30

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Taglar told me that it takes about 1 to 2 years to make a proper set of armor, so hopefully by then the jumpsuit fits better. But I will consider this idea.

Thanks vod

I made both of my kits in 2 months (each kit). 3 of my clan mates, as well as a couple ex members also made theirs in a matter of months. It all depends on the time you put into it, and your recourses for funding and materials .

Jate Haran

« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Thread jumping! Cape looks fine, it just needs to fully cover your back and where a theoretical backplate would be. I have a cape, very simple to do.

Wow! Your thread is most impressive ner vod! I like your color scheme. (Red matches well with any color)  8) ;D

Jate Haran

« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:45 PM »

Would you know how to paint on a symbol on a cape? I'm not sure how to do that..

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Usually using a stencil and paint.

Jate Haran

« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Usually using a stencil and paint.

Thanks, I thought it had to be a specific paint and /or fabric.

Haran Tracyn

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Jate's Soft Parts
« Reply #22 on: Nov 23, 2012, 03:50 AM »
Industrial strength velcro will do the trick on the plates, but use the sew-on kind on the vest. I've had no trouble with the industrial strength stuff by itself, haven't needed to reinforce the stickiness with anything yet.

Jate Haran

Re: Jate's Soft Parts
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Industrial strength velcro will do the trick on the plates, but use the sew-on kind on the vest. I've had no trouble with the industrial strength stuff by itself, haven't needed to reinforce the stickiness with anything yet.

I tried using hot glue to re-enforce the Velcro and it actually makes it worse.

Thank you for your suggest Haran, I appreciate it.  ;D

Jate Haran

Re: Jate's Soft Parts New
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Updates:
Here's the 14'' stencil that I made, using the PDF file that Ru'Der Marekar made and sent to me via e-mail. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=8588 A big thank you to you sir. 8)

I'll be using this stencil for the skull on my cape. The only problem I'm having is the paper is curling upwards. Should I tape the underside of it before painting or use something else to keep it from curling?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!