Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Expanding Zorim's Armory (Pic Heavy)

• 7 Replies
Expanding Zorim's Armory (Pic Heavy)
« on: Oct 21, 2012, 01:29 AM »
I need more weapons and accessories!

Here are more weapons and accessories in progress:

The pistols are some little airsoft AK-47s from a flea market. They were broken, so I snagged them for $1 each. I dremeled off the stocks and sights. I'm looking for something between these two:

PVC valve/joint things that will become grenades:

Bondo to fill the holes, will be sanding it down.

Came across this Macrobinoculars/Yavin Playset at the same flea market and thought for some reason they might make a good pair of Macrobinoculars:

Dremeled out the ends, where I'll but some welding visor scraps for lenses.

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 05:55 PM by Zorim Dran » Logged

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Expanding Zorim's Armory
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Those little AK's are nice... How big are the grips tho? You might need to add to them...

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:51 AM »
He does need to add to the grips, but only by a couple of inches. It should be a simple fix; some tote plastic, a little bondo and victory.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:54 AM »
He does need to add to the grips, but only by a couple of inches. It should be a simple fix; some tote plastic, a little bondo and victory.

Awesome! I might "steal" the idea if I can find some little AK's like that...!!!  :D

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2012, 11:45 AM »
While fiddling with the AK's last night, I found that the handle grip and the green fore grip are actually separate pieces from the main body. The handle can actually slide off and the fore grip unscrews separately. I may play around with that. And yes, definitely extending the grips.

I also forgot to add pics of this little bugger:

Found the Iron Man repulsor gauntlet at a Savers for $1. Between this and the gauntlet parts for my fiance's kit, it's a fine investment. :D I'll be popping and LED and a simple switch in it for a light up holocommunicator. I'm also looking at getting my hands on one of the translucent blue hologram figures to stick on top of it.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Nice finds vod ;) like the Macrobinoculars/Yavin Playset thing  :rolleyes: might have to try and get me one of them  :rolleyes:

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Progress happened!

Some scrap sintra and bondo to the bottom of the pistol grips.

And it fits my gloved hand.

I also filled in the magazine bays, and covered the back where I cut the stocks off.

I cut up some $1 plastic pipe fittings from Lowes to put on the sides, give it that laser-revolver look.

Sand down and glazing puttied the grenade ends.

And one of them had both of its caps slide in.  :-[

Ran

• Not the crown makes the king.
Re: Expanding Zorim's Armory (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Noice! Keep it up.

Scratch Build WIP
Art Thread
"Can your science explain the magic of rainbows?"
"Light defraction through moisture in the atmosphere."
"... It's a sad world you live in."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!