Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaa'det 1st Buy'ce... NEW WIP! (Pic Heavy!!)

• 214 Replies

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Jaa'det 1st Buy'ce... NEW WIP! (Pic Heavy!!)
« Reply #210 on: Aug 12, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Aw yea! Bravo man, bravo!

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #211 on: Aug 12, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Nice looking bucket!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

droodles

• Good to GO
« Reply #212 on: Aug 12, 2013, 06:21 PM »
And the "Damascus steel" looking pattern is actually where the paint spider webbed pretty bad and I just kept on wet sanding it with 150, 220 & 400 grit sandpaper until it was smooth, the base color I think is actually the plastic from the bucket showing through 3 layers of primer, 2 of black and 1 light orange coat!
That was a totally "happy accident" that worked out awesome and ended up looked like an acid burn! ;D

Hmmmmm. I really like that look. I think I smell an experiment coming my way! Looks awesome.

You can see my Mando stuff here:  http://sdrv.ms/WKihMo
Email or Facebook message me if I don't respond promptly to PMs.

https://www.facebook.com/droodls

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #213 on: Aug 12, 2013, 06:34 PM »
I'm going to go against the grain and say the right tusk looks mostly awesome, the left tusk looks a bit pre-determined and cartoony as well as the bottom of the right.

I really love the effect you've got at the top of that right tusk, you've got to repeat that for the rest of it.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Jaa'det Otxoa

• You can't shoot what you can't see! OM #0872
« Reply #214 on: Aug 13, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Aw yea! Bravo man, bravo!
Nice looking bucket!
Thanks Vode! ;D

Hmmmmm. I really like that look. I think I smell an experiment coming my way! Looks awesome.
I'd like to see that experiment! ;)
Thinking the technique would work best with cold cast buckets since the paint is sanded all the way down to the bucket itself :P

I'm going to go against the grain and say the right tusk looks mostly awesome, the left tusk looks a bit pre-determined and cartoony as well as the bottom of the right.

I really love the effect you've got at the top of that right tusk, you've got to repeat that for the rest of it.

Thanks for the honest critique Saz!  ;)
I'll have to keep that in mind when doing the rest of the weathering on my kit, unfortunately I have about 3 to 4 pretty good coats of clear on this sucker and redoing the rest of the weathering would be more than I want to do on this bucket, but I'll definitely keep that in mind on my next one!

<->Firaxan Clan<->M.A.J.I.C. #096<->M.A. #049<->M.A.D. #016<->T.E.M.T.S. #035<-> 

Weapons: 53%
Beskar'gam
Buy'ce

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!