Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest/kama combo?

• 6 Replies
Vest/kama combo?
« on: Nov 23, 2012, 03:06 PM »
So, I was browsing my favorite armory site for extra pieces to add to my renaissance costume when I came across a gambeson, which is the padding that is worn under armor to give it a better fit and extra protection. So as I looked at it, I wondered if it could be used to make a flak vest that extended down into a built in kama. here's a pic for a good idea of what it looks like

not exactly the design i would use, but a pretty good example of what the basic idea would be. I've been thinking about upgrading my current vest and if this seems like a good idea I'll probably go with this one. Any thoughts, and has this been done before?

"Di'kut."
"Gesundheit."

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Vest/kama combo?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2012, 12:45 AM »
I think that would work...!

Advar

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2012, 12:50 AM »

Almost like a snowtrooper duster?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2012, 01:12 AM »
My kit had a vest/kama combo.  It works really well with a 2 piece flightsuit because it eliminates the possibility of plumber's crack.  I separated my kama so I could use swappable parts for one of the brigades.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Its a cool Idea ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2012, 10:14 AM »

Almost like a snowtrooper duster?
That's actually pretty close to one of the design ideas i had, thanks for that :)
My kit had a vest/kama combo.  It works really well with a 2 piece flightsuit because it eliminates the possibility of plumber's crack.  I separated my kama so I could use swappable parts for one of the brigades.
Well, I use a one piece flight suit. But I'm interested in how you separated the kama, dont suppose you have a work in progress link?

Edit: heres a rough idea of the design i was leaning towards.

I was thinking of having two flaps in front and then one large one in the back and having it zip or Velcro up the sides. oh, and nice hat Niabi :laugh:

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012, 10:43 AM by Bel Vendarn » Logged
"Di'kut."
"Gesundheit."

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2012, 08:01 PM »
I had a regular-ish kama, sewn to the bottom of the vest.  To separate it, I just undid the stitching.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!