Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

rubber boots for mando costume?

• 21 Replies

Gatoma

• Thaxos's #1 Fan and has luposlipaphobia
rubber boots for mando costume?
« on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Was wondering if i would need armor on laseless rubber boots. this picture is one i found on internet, so its just an idea on what they look like.

Tempest

• The Villain
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: rubber boots for mando costume?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:08 AM »
I don't think rubber boots are accepted. And you probably wouldn't want them come summer anyways.

Zyras "Tempest" Marek/Tobi Ryn.
New build: Legacy - WIP.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Rubber boots are not really high enough quality.
You're better off with a military boot or something similar.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Gatoma

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:24 AM »
When if there tucked underneath my flight suit?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:26 AM »
No, they will not pass muster. It's a quality of materials issue. Stick to the tried and true.

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:34 PM »
For what you'd spend on rubber boots, you can buy a simple set of jungle boots at an army surplus store and just make spats or boot armor to cover the laces.

This thread, also belongs in the boot section.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?board=12.0

Gatoma

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:02 PM »
When if i can modify them to look like laseless combat boots?

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:31 PM »
no. They'll make your footsies smell like Jawa. Dont do it.

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:45 PM »
No matter what you do to them, they will still look like you are headed to walk through the water to clear a clogged drainage inlet. I have some high dollar ones for work and even they look like cheap rubber boots. Also, weathering on the rubber will be a nightmare. So, even if they would be allowed past the app team, the look would be sub-par.

Also...you will melt in those. Back in my Army days in Germany, we would wear our thin rubber boots with sneakers inside during winter field training because that was warmer than our insulated combat boots. With actual temps near -30 F and 3 feet of snow, that's saying something.

If you want that look (and not sure you do since you suggested having your flight suit over them), go with a laceless motorcycle boot or a riding boot. Both will be vastly more comfortable on long troops and will breath much better to help you keep the funk out of your feet. The suggestion of jungle boots is a really cheap and comfortable route if you don't mind the flight suit over the tops and add some spats of boot armor to cover the laces and canvas sides. With the spats and wearing the flight suit over the boots, you can even go with some comfy leather shoes (I have seen black high-tops used with armor and spats to look quite good and were extremely comfortable).

Pretty much anything but rubber boots.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Gatoma

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Im going to use motercycle boots

Gatoma

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Ok im going to use motorcycle boots for boots but i was wondering if we are aloud to use jet boots or have rockets atached to them sorta like cade bane had.

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2012, 11:43 AM »
Yes, you are.

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2012, 02:05 PM »
As far as I read into the CRLs, you can pretty much add anything to any of the armor parts so long as it does not start fitting into the "crossover" category, keeps the fundamental "Mando" style, and looks "SWarsy".

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Yes.

Gatoma

« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2012, 08:17 PM »
I know this is completeely off topic but i didnt know where to post this question.  Could i use velcro straps  to hold my thigh and shin armor? if not what can i do to make it stick to my flight suit?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!