Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

rubber boots for mando costume?

• 21 Replies

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: rubber boots for mando costume?
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2012, 08:52 PM »
I know this is completeely off topic but i didnt know where to post this question.  Could i use velcro straps  to hold my thigh and shin armor? if not what can i do to make it stick to my flight suit?

Elastic straps... Either the same color as your flight suit or, even better, cut slits on each side of your plates a slide the elastic straps inside your flight suit. I did this on my first kit. I fastened them with velcro.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Armor strapping:

External strapping must be of an in universe material, examples include but are not limited to tactical web belting and leather. Elastic strapping is generally unacceptable for external use (refer to the following exceptions). The preferred method for the use of elastic strapping is to conceal it within the flightsuit.
    External elastic strapping may be used in the following manners:
        On the knee's, elbows and Mando "thongs" only and dyed or painted to match the flightsuit as best as possible
        If fully hidden from view by armor accessories such as kama's, ammo pouches, capes, holsters etc. It would be recommended to use a higher quality elastic rather than the inexpensive "sew in" type, in the event the coverage moves and it's exposed. It would also be best that it match the flightsuit in color or be colors that compliment the overall color palate of the costume.

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2012, 09:11 PM »
I prefer the look of leather belts to hold the thighs on. I bought 4 boys belts from Wal-Mart on sale for $2 each and just cut them to fit (they all matched). I used to have elastic straps holding mine on, but upgraded after the CRL was changed to do away with exposed elastic on the larger plates.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Gatoma

• Thaxos's #1 Fan and has luposlipaphobia
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2012, 10:15 AM »
So what if i have velcro straps with leather covering them? i use the ones that are sticky on the back so i can stick leather to it.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Yes that's fine.  ;)

Ha'sid

• Eater of worlds
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:21 PM »
Rubber boots maybe water proof but in a hot day your feet will be soaking in sweat.

I would advise against rubber boots.

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:42 PM »
Take the advice, vod'ika. Rubber boots will be a bad idea in the long run.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!