Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chainmail in belt

• 20 Replies

Milori Te'Bell

• The Unstoppable Mandalorian
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
Chainmail in belt
« on: Dec 04, 2012, 02:29 PM »
So I saw the belt by Barbarossa Kad,

And my girlfriend has recently taken up chainmail making as a hobby, we were wondering what the opinion is on making a belt like this, but with chainmail instead of the rope.(thin rings, so pretty dense, not 8mm rings)

Just replace Episode 1 with Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" and a YouTube clip of the Darth Maul fight.  All the story and good bits, none of the Jar Jar.
Bearded Mando #018

MAJIC Member #116

Kilted Mandalorian #009

Only a Mandalorian can make his girl a gun, and get appreciated for it.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Chainmail in belt
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:21 AM »
Go for it!  Chainmail is perfectly acceptable as an accent piece per CRLs, and chainmail in a belt of a similar design would be awesome.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2012, 05:36 PM »
As far as I know, that is perfectly fine. I think i've seen one or two guys with something similar to that actually. Go for it!  :D

"Di'kut."
"Gesundheit."

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2012, 09:28 PM »
DO IT. and poat pics ;)

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2012, 10:05 PM »
I don't know the crow but I too make chainmail if u do a belt I suggest a sturdy metal the act if pulling the belt through loops and such can stretch the rings warping them and bracking the belt. I learner the hard way. Lol oh and make sure the rings are either backed with a piece of material or closed flush the metal alone can snag fabric really good

Buurenaar Morran

• clan over all
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2012, 07:41 AM »
I would suggest 18 gauge, 4 mm. rings, if you're looking for small and sturdy. Otherwise, I'd suggest 16 ga, 6 mm. rings, for something a bit bigger, but also sturdy.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2012, 10:50 PM »
What type of pattern will she be using (4-in-1, 8-in-2, etc)?

Milori Te'Bell

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2012, 02:20 AM »
I have no idea yet, we're currently most working on the weapons, because the armors still have to come in.

Just replace Episode 1 with Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" and a YouTube clip of the Darth Maul fight.  All the story and good bits, none of the Jar Jar.
Bearded Mando #018

MAJIC Member #116

Kilted Mandalorian #009

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2012, 05:10 AM »
There's a guy on Deviantart that has a chain malie gutair strap but the maile is attached to a fabric(maybe leather) backing to act like padding

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons

Milori Te'Bell

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2012, 05:20 AM »
Several of them actually :p

And we'll be using an actual belt as backing probably, for strength and shape.

Bearded Mando #018

MAJIC Member #116

Kilted Mandalorian #009

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:17 AM »
sounds good I think a euro 6-1 would be good or if she's up for it a kings maille

Jan'la Te'Bell

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:06 AM »
So I got a link from someone through my boyfriend Higgs, which is this one:

http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-chainmail-necklace/

I already did a small bracelet like this, so I was familiar with making it.
Though I hadn't tried broading it, in the end, that was easy too :P

I used 2.0x9.8 mm rings.

I still need to attach the Chainmaille to a leather belt. When it's finished I will post some more pics :)

"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises." - Canderous Ordo

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:26 AM »
Thats Cool ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:46 AM »
that's some good euro 4-1!

« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Awesome European 4-in-1! The only suggestion I would make is to make sure that it is attached to the belt at several points or you could have problems with the chainmail sagging/pulling in spots. Good luck!  :)

« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:56 PM »
Maybe give it a few stitches in each loop so then it's held tight and make it look like both the belt and leather would be one piece

Milori Te'Bell

« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:59 PM »
That was what I had in mind as the most likely option.

Bearded Mando #018

MAJIC Member #116

Kilted Mandalorian #009

« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2013, 05:04 PM »
Maybe give it a few stitches in each loop so then it's held tight and make it look like both the belt and leather would be one piece

I would say that would be your best option as far as making it look like one piece goes. If you ever have any questions about chainmail feel free to ask me. Iv'e been working with it for almost four years and i'll do my best to help you out in any way that I can.  :)

Jan'la Te'Bell

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #18 on: Jan 22, 2013, 05:50 PM »
Thank you all so much  :D

"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises." - Canderous Ordo
« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2013, 06:22 PM »
You're very welcome.  :D

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 23, 2013, 11:29 PM »
I really like the leather belt/journeyman protector sash combo in the original image

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!