Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

need some advice attaching my plates to my flightsuit

• 6 Replies

C1RCA

• name the target and it shall die
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
last summer i had destroyed my old flightsuit due to shoe goop since i dont know how to sew nor do i have experience in it so i had to remove the Velcro 3 times and had to order a new one so i do not want to use shoe goop till i have the plates in the right spots

i'm also going to be using leather brown straps with the metal buckle to hold it in place but the Velcro will just keep it from moving around i dont like the idea of my plates floating lol

for the cod would snaps be ok for this or no ?

any ways just looking for input

many thanks
C

Naren Sprax

• So I says to Mable, I says...
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: need some advice attaching my plates to my flightsuit
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2014, 03:14 AM »
I think you would be surprised what you could learn to do. You don't have to make the sew job look pretty on the velcro since it will be covered by the plates. I don't see why snaps wouldn't work for the codpiece. I dig the paint apps vod!  ;D

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2014, 08:10 AM »
That's pretty much how my lower armour is fitted.
Shins are strapped around me leg and just rest on my boots so they wont slip anywhere anyway.
My knees and thighs are strapped round my legs and the thighs have a strap up to my waist. Plus they all then have a small square of velcro to stop them from shifting sideways. And the thigh velcro is held on to the flightsuit with safety pins instead of sewn. It means if I ever don't want to put the thighs on I can remove the velcro from the flightsuit. Otherwise I'm wandering around with a small patch of velcro visible.
And my cod is snapped to the same belt I attach my thighs to, which is a belt that I wear under my girthbelt.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

C1RCA

• Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2014, 08:14 AM »
alright what is the rule for spacing these out , last time i had my knee armor where my knees are but i find out they where to close to my shine and thigh plates ?

C

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2014, 08:57 AM »
I attach my knees and cod first as those are the two that can't be moved. Then the shins and thighs just slot in around them.

Shins are best placed while standing up, you want the top of the shins and the bottom of the knees to be separate. Mine only have about a cm between the two when I'm standing and walking. The only rule is, unless you're doing deliberately joined shins and knees, keep them separate so that they aren't overlapping and scraping over each other. If they are overlapping and the shins cannot go any lower then the shins need a bit trimming off - I'd suggest trimming from the bottom as the trim can be reworked into damage and covered with dirt weathering and you wont need a complete strip and repaint.

To get the thighs in, sit down (if you can that is ;)) and work out the highest point the thighs can go without scratching against the cod. Then stand up and repeat for where the lowest point the thighs can go without scratching the knees. Mark the two points - I put a safety pin through the flightsuit fabric. Hopefully the thigh plate will fit between these two points, if so, I'd suggest putting them equidistant between the two markers. If the thighs wont fit then they'll need trimming down.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

C1RCA

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2014, 09:04 AM »
thank you very much  , ill give it a shot

C

C1RCA

« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2014, 04:36 AM »
what are some other suggestions you vods can give me for attaching my leather straps to my leg armor ? 

and am i allowed to use this for my straps it would be shown at the back http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/1512-00.aspx

thanks
C

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2014, 05:56 AM by C1RCA/Circa » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!