Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ref's ESB Fett

• 117 Replies

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Ref's ESB Fett
« Reply #75 on: Dec 02, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Misting with Rusto Hunt Club Green and Flat Black will help a bit.  (Before removing masking)

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:43 PM »

I re-did my ab plate. Wasn't happy with it. Took your advice BobaFiend and it worked out really well. Used a different yellow. It's a bit... grittier.

Now I've just got to paint my shoulders and knees and I'll be in the home stretch!

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #77 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Looks pretty doggone good to me  8)

BobaFiend

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #78 on: Dec 19, 2013, 03:28 PM »
I like it! I'm always glad when someone actually listens to me haha  :laugh:

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #79 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:09 PM »
I like it! I'm always glad when someone actually listens to me haha  :laugh:

"Bobafiend? Screw that guy!"

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #80 on: Dec 20, 2013, 11:39 AM »
That's looking really good Vod ;) I'm getting excited to see this finished now.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #81 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:15 PM »
So how long until we get to see it on you? :D

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #82 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Coming together nicely. Adding to my lurking file :) Love the helmet :D

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #83 on: Dec 24, 2013, 12:04 AM »
So how long until we get to see it on you? :D

Provided I get everything rigged up, I'm going to debut it on the 30th in an unofficial troop. I'm really excited to see it all together.

Thanks for the support everyone! I'll have an update with pictures soon.

BobaFiend

« Reply #84 on: Dec 24, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Provided I get everything rigged up, I'm going to debut it on the 30th in an unofficial troop. I'm really excited to see it all together.

Thanks for the support everyone! I'll have an update with pictures soon.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #85 on: Dec 29, 2013, 01:58 AM »
I got everything done enough to do a test fit.

Here are the issues I see:

1. Jetpack is sagging and pulling my collar back.  I think if I tighten my harness, it should fix things.
2. You can see my neck clear as day. I have a long neck. I don't know how to fix it :-[ Maybe if I tilt my helmet back?
3. I forgot to actually attach the braids to anything...
4. I know the bottom half of my rangefinder is missing (adhesive is drying).
5. I also know I'm missing my gauntlet hose. I'm trying to fix that.

What did I miss?

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #86 on: Dec 29, 2013, 03:09 AM »
Re the neck, who was making those Boba balaclava/neckseal thingomos on TDH? Was it Woodman? Same sort of idea as Chucko's Jango style helmet seals.

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #87 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:57 AM »
So far, so good dude. I love it! I'l comment on your points as you have them listed:

1. For my harness, I exhale all the air I can, and have my slave handler pull it as tight as they can. Then I inhale all the way I can and hold it. I don't have the issue of sagging anymore.
2. Lol long neck. I actually have the opposite problem where I have a short neck and it looks like I don't have one. I sent you a text last night regarding this, it'd be in your best interest to reply.

3. I attached the braids to the vest by going through them a few times with needle and thread. Four troops in and no issues yet.

Additionally, the thong and knee straps look too clean. Finally, the vest looks big in that first picture... is it? Or is that just the angle? Overall it's looking sweet dude :)

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #88 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Point, that's a good suggestion, but I think I'd overheat. This costume is much warmer than my custom and I think wearing a helmet gasket might be dangerous.

Thanks Byrek! All really helpful suggestions! I'll take a look at the vest again. I'm doing another test fit of the torso armor and jetpack tonight before my event tomorrow morning.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #89 on: Dec 30, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Looks cool Vod ;)

One thing  :rolleyes:

Its prob just the way you are standing but your Left Chest and Diamond are a bit wonky  ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!