Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ref's ESB Fett

• 117 Replies

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Ref's ESB Fett
« Reply #75 on: Dec 02, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Misting with Rusto Hunt Club Green and Flat Black will help a bit.  (Before removing masking)

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:43 PM »

I re-did my ab plate. Wasn't happy with it. Took your advice BobaFiend and it worked out really well. Used a different yellow. It's a bit... grittier.

Now I've just got to paint my shoulders and knees and I'll be in the home stretch!

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #77 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Looks pretty doggone good to me  8)

BobaFiend

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #78 on: Dec 19, 2013, 03:28 PM »
I like it! I'm always glad when someone actually listens to me haha  :laugh:

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #79 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:09 PM »
I like it! I'm always glad when someone actually listens to me haha  :laugh:

"Bobafiend? Screw that guy!"

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #80 on: Dec 20, 2013, 11:39 AM »
That's looking really good Vod ;) I'm getting excited to see this finished now.

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #81 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:15 PM »
So how long until we get to see it on you? :D

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #82 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Coming together nicely. Adding to my lurking file :) Love the helmet :D

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #83 on: Dec 24, 2013, 12:04 AM »
So how long until we get to see it on you? :D

Provided I get everything rigged up, I'm going to debut it on the 30th in an unofficial troop. I'm really excited to see it all together.

Thanks for the support everyone! I'll have an update with pictures soon.

BobaFiend

« Reply #84 on: Dec 24, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Provided I get everything rigged up, I'm going to debut it on the 30th in an unofficial troop. I'm really excited to see it all together.

Thanks for the support everyone! I'll have an update with pictures soon.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #85 on: Dec 29, 2013, 01:58 AM »
I got everything done enough to do a test fit.

Here are the issues I see:

1. Jetpack is sagging and pulling my collar back.  I think if I tighten my harness, it should fix things.
2. You can see my neck clear as day. I have a long neck. I don't know how to fix it :-[ Maybe if I tilt my helmet back?
3. I forgot to actually attach the braids to anything...
4. I know the bottom half of my rangefinder is missing (adhesive is drying).
5. I also know I'm missing my gauntlet hose. I'm trying to fix that.

What did I miss?

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #86 on: Dec 29, 2013, 03:09 AM »
Re the neck, who was making those Boba balaclava/neckseal thingomos on TDH? Was it Woodman? Same sort of idea as Chucko's Jango style helmet seals.

Byrek Avery

« Reply #87 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:57 AM »
So far, so good dude. I love it! I'l comment on your points as you have them listed:

1. For my harness, I exhale all the air I can, and have my slave handler pull it as tight as they can. Then I inhale all the way I can and hold it. I don't have the issue of sagging anymore.
2. Lol long neck. I actually have the opposite problem where I have a short neck and it looks like I don't have one. I sent you a text last night regarding this, it'd be in your best interest to reply.

3. I attached the braids to the vest by going through them a few times with needle and thread. Four troops in and no issues yet.

Additionally, the thong and knee straps look too clean. Finally, the vest looks big in that first picture... is it? Or is that just the angle? Overall it's looking sweet dude :)

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #88 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Point, that's a good suggestion, but I think I'd overheat. This costume is much warmer than my custom and I think wearing a helmet gasket might be dangerous.

Thanks Byrek! All really helpful suggestions! I'll take a look at the vest again. I'm doing another test fit of the torso armor and jetpack tonight before my event tomorrow morning.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #89 on: Dec 30, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Looks cool Vod ;)

One thing  :rolleyes:

Its prob just the way you are standing but your Left Chest and Diamond are a bit wonky  ;)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #90 on: Dec 30, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Thanks Niabi! Yeah it's an issue that I became aware of today. I did my first unofficial troop today and I noticed it when I suited up. Unfortunately the armor is bolted on. I can't redo the eyelets so I have to snap the bolts off and reposition them. 

There were some other fixes that also came to light during the troop. So this has to go back into the workbench before it gets submitted.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #91 on: Jan 01, 2014, 05:08 PM »
A couple of pictures from the event:

Issue:
1. Some of my adhesive failed (earcap, gauntlet hose, flamethrower)
2. Armor placement
3. Jetpack sagging.  I'm going to invest in a better harness.  The one I currently have won't cut it for long troops.
4. My EE-3 is scratching my gauntlets to hell.  I need to repaint the bottoms of the clamshells and hit them with a ton of dullcote.
5. My sidearm swings like crazy when I walk.  I imagine it looks pretty ridiculous.  Can any ESBs comment on how they deal with that?
6. Didn't have time to weather my gloves.

So there's a lot to do, but that's what these first, unofficial troops are for.  It was awesome being a "face" character and to have people say "Boba!" and be right for once :laugh:

Byrek Avery

« Reply #92 on: Jan 12, 2014, 05:28 PM »
Issue:
1. Some of my adhesive failed (earcap, gauntlet hose, flamethrower)
2. Armor placement
3. Jetpack sagging.  I'm going to invest in a better harness.  The one I currently have won't cut it for long troops.
4. My EE-3 is scratching my gauntlets to hell.  I need to repaint the bottoms of the clamshells and hit them with a ton of dullcote.
5. My sidearm swings like crazy when I walk.  I imagine it looks pretty ridiculous.  Can any ESBs comment on how they deal with that?
6. Didn't have time to weather my gloves.

1. Gorilla Glue brand super glue. NOT Gorilla glue, but their super glue (clear bottle, blue cap, purchased at Wal Mart). I've had no problems yet, and I used it on all my pieces that needed it while building. 
2. Fix it! Haha, I don't know how you did your attachment, so can't help really.
3. I told you how to fix that harness!
4. Yup. Happens :(
5. I haven't yet. *clunk* *Clunk* Manbro's ideas isn't terrible, but I truthfully wouldn't risk it. I have a wide strap instead of the canon strap, and my doesn't swing much.
6. I wore mine to work on day, and they haven't gotten clean since.

Additionally:
I saw that new pic on FB, and had some feedback.
1. Your ammo belt seems a bit light (maybe mine is just dark), and maybe it could benefit from a MISTING of Rustoleum's Kona Brown or similar.
2. Again with the vest... Is it just the picture?
3. Hip pouches are empty! Do what I do and put dish towels and underwear in them. I gave a presentation to a local theater about costuming recently and a child asked what was in my pockets. I replied "Dish towels and underwear." He thought I was kidding till I opened one up and pulled out a pair of halloween boxers.
4. You gloves seem very dark. They're like one shade away from black haha.
5. If you decide to start thinking about upgrades later, get a pair of MoW's 2013 boots. They're fantastic!

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Official Member #668

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #93 on: Jan 12, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Thanks man! Appreciate the feedback. I fixed the placement issue with my right chest plate and diamond. My harness has been ordered so that'll fix the collar being pulled back. As far as the vest goes, it's fitted for me, but it does want to flare out a bit. I might have to talk to a tailor and have it taken in in a hidden location. I have a theory that most of the issues above the waist are caused by my crappy harness. I'll do another test run once I've upgraded. The belt matches references, but it could use some more weathering to darken it a bit, I agree. The gloves are kind of dark, but not as extreme as they look in that picture. Not a ton I can do about that. Maybe mist with a light grey?

Good suggestion on the dish towels! I have some scrap fabric that should do the trick. And with the boots, I might upgrade eventually, but my 2012s allowed me to install hidden spurs behind the toe spikes so I sound like Boba when I walk.

Thanks again for the help everyone! This is a big undertaking and I definitely need all the assistance I can get! :)

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #94 on: Mar 21, 2014, 07:08 PM »
I'm sending it in!

Byrek, thanks for all your help in getting me this far. You've been a good friend and resource. I darkened my belt just for you :laugh:

Thanks for everyone who has helped me so far!

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #95 on: Mar 21, 2014, 07:14 PM »
 Looks Great ....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #96 on: Mar 21, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Yes!!!  ;D

Looking fabulous Ref, a great ESB Fett for sure!

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #97 on: Mar 22, 2014, 07:09 AM »
Love it! Great job as always  ;)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #98 on: Mar 24, 2014, 03:08 PM »
Awesooooooooooooooooooooome vod ;D

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #99 on: Mar 24, 2014, 04:09 PM »
Thanks! :D

Gotta say, wearing a Fett kit just feels different for some reason. In a good way!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!