Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ref's ESB Fett

• 117 Replies

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Ref's ESB Fett
« on: Dec 15, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Alright! I'm ready to jump right in!

Here's where I'm at so far:

The blaster isn't finished, obviously. I've got all the necessary parts in a bag of greeblies that came with it. Except for a few parts which I'll have to buy.
The flightsuit fits me like a glove. I was really amazed when I put it on how precise the fit was even though it wasn't made for me and bought through a third party.

One thing that concerns me is that the thigh pouches are very close together.

When looking at this reference it loos like I might have to re-position them to the outside of my leg

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
Re: Ref's ESB Fett
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2012, 04:59 PM »
Wow. That flightsuit fits great. I made some thigh pouches, and made them as close to Boba's as possible, but yours do seem a bit close. Where did you get the gun?

On a more negative note, I believe those are the boots that went up in the supply depot that you beat me to a month or so ago.  :laugh:

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2012, 05:05 PM »
Wow. That flightsuit fits great. I made some thigh pouches, and made them as close to Boba's as possible, but yours do seem a bit close. Where did you get the gun?

On a more negative note, I believe those are the boots that went up in the supply depot that you beat me to a month or so ago.  :laugh:

I got everything in one fell swoop through a guy who was selling off his ESB stuff on TDH. The blaster is made by Sidewinder and is upgraded with an authentic Heiland flash tube.

Nah the ones I have on are Man of War boots I bought off of TDH. Do you mean these boots?

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2012, 07:04 PM »
I got everything in one fell swoop through a guy who was selling off his ESB stuff on TDH. The blaster is made by Sidewinder and is upgraded with an authentic Heiland flash tube.

Nah the ones I have on are Man of War boots I bought off of TDH. Do you mean these boots?

I think so. I was goin to buy them, but he sold them to I believe you, as you commented pm sent.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Well now you have a PM  ;)

Jimmy BufFETT

• Yes ... I escaped.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2012, 06:37 AM »
You've certainly acquired some top quality stuff to start out with!  The thigh pouches do indeed look like they are placed too close to where the cod armor would be.  But I personally wouldn't make an adjustment until you have the cod and knee armor.

If you have any questions along the way, I'd be happy to help you!

- Scott Chana

Kane Friax

• De vita discendum, non scholae
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2012, 06:50 PM »
i expect the cod will push them apart a bit, so worry about that later :D

looking great so far!

-Kane

24er!               Candy-Kane

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2012, 08:48 AM »
Good luck Ref I know yournew kit will look awesome

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:51 AM »
You've certainly acquired some top quality stuff to start out with!  The thigh pouches do indeed look like they are placed too close to where the cod armor would be.  But I personally wouldn't make an adjustment until you have the cod and knee armor.

If you have any questions along the way, I'd be happy to help you!

From my experiences here, I've learned if you're going to do something, you should try to do it right the first time.

Yeah I'm definitely going to wait on adjustments. I mostly just wanted to know if this was a fluke or if the LadySewForUs suits were always made that way.

Having seen the build threads and continued upgrades of your Ref and custom suit, I can say that without out a doubt, this shall be one of the most sheb-kicking Boba suits in Mercs.

Wow, thank you! I'll try not to disappoint  :laugh:

Updates: I assembled my cape and tore it all up. I'm going to send it through the wash a few more times and then weather it with my airbrush. I'm also working on my gauntlets. Originally I had tried to scratchbuild them out of card stock, but they got pretty warped during the resin and fiberglass stage for some reason. I'm going to start them over with sintra and pvc.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:02 AM »
I'll have some updates coming up. My Asok Boba was shipped today and I've ordered a Jetpack kit from Fettseven. My gauntlets are in the works. I have to redo them out of sintra before I even think about creating a mold. The ones I did out of card are too flimsy to cast.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2013, 03:55 PM »
Need some feedback on my flight suit. What does everyone thing about the color?
Inside lighting

Outside lighting

I'm shooting to mimic the Jeremy Bulloch suit

It seems very blue to me, but I can't determine whether it's too blue or not. My hope is that it will dull down somewhat with weathering.
If necessary I'll run it through a diluted color remover bath to fade it out.

Valdez

• Delten Viconlas
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2013, 11:38 PM »
If lady made it then the color is most likely  correct. She has been on the Dented Helmet for years and has always made a strive for screen accuracy.

Remember weathering makes a world of differance! ;)

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2013, 11:43 PM »
It was originally white though. I'm not sure why. I did research and found out she uses evening blue so I used evening blue with pearl grey in a 2:1 ratio.

Valdez

• Delten Viconlas
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2013, 11:57 PM »
I thought it looked white in your first pic  :D
Head scratcher.
Years ago I was sourcing parts and came across her work. She trys to get everything correct from stitching to fabric. Its seems strange that she would not have the right color. Unless its her early work.

Its research time!

It was originally white though. I'm not sure why. I did research and found out she uses evening blue so I used evening blue with pearl grey in a 2:1 ratio.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:06 AM »
Honestly, for ESB, it looks about right. Once it's weathered up it will be perfect. The vest should be nearly white and the flightsuit more blue. It was ROTJ that went to more greys.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:14 AM »
I could probably just ask the guy I bought it from what's up, but the answer wouldn't matter to me that much because it won't change what I have.

I'm planning on fading it tomorrow by misting it (lightly and in a very controlled manner) with a bleach mixture. Hopefully it works.

Honestly, for ESB, it looks about right. Once it's weathered up it will be perfect. The vest should be nearly white and the flightsuit more blue. It was ROTJ that went to more greys.

Yeah it's just that I've seen ESBs with super blue flightsuits and I just don't like the look. If it's too blue I find it very distracting. I want it to read as a grey/blue. But yeah I understand the main point of your statement. I'm just being super anal about this costume  :laugh:

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Double posting, but I wanted to show you guys what I did today!

It's still missing the Molex greeblies that go up on the scope mounts, but I'm in love with this rifle at the moment.
It's a shame I only have my phone camera right now... You'll just have to trust me when I say that the weathering is subtle.

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:00 PM »
Glad I found this thread just now- Great job on the EE-3! I think the color is good and you can pretty much bank on anything LSFU makes.

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Thanks man! Yeah I'm loving this build because I fall in love with every little piece haha

OK so I hope you guys aren't too sick of me talking about my flightsuit, but I finally got a base color I'm happy with!

I dunked it in color remover for like 30 seconds and stuck it in the dryer. This is the color I was after all along. I'm super relieved  :laugh:

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2013, 11:13 PM »
Looks pretty much spot on to me man!

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #20 on: Feb 06, 2013, 11:40 PM »
That EE-3 is juicy  8)

Cyare Kebii'tra

• Wild_Muppen
« Reply #21 on: Feb 07, 2013, 12:54 AM »
Looks perfect. :)

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2013, 12:57 AM »
That EE-3 is juicy  8)

agreed ..... I love the EE-3 ....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #23 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Love the EE and the flight suit looks awesome too ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #24 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Thanks guys!

Hey so I'm hoping to jump on some armor soon. I love RKDs stuff and I'm really hoping it'll fit right. I printed out the Large WOF templates and taped them onto my vest. (sorry for the cell phone pic, it's all I've got)

I compared to this picture and it seemed like a good match to me.

I'd love a second or third or fourth opinion before I commit.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!