Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

all metal back pack in progress

• 12 Replies

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
all metal back pack in progress
« on: Dec 07, 2012, 12:20 AM »
So instead of a back plate I wanted to do a pack but not something huge, and not a jet pack.  Rather something compact that looked like it served a purpose.  So I raided some thiings I had laying around and here is what I have so far.  I am thinking sort of a com pack/intel gathering set up.  Let me know what you think.

Planning a unique colloar piece to attach it to to keep putting it on simple.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.
Re: all metal back pack in progress
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Why did ya take apart an xbox for a pack?  ???

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Red ring of death, full 4 of 4 six months ago.  Bought a new one  and have had it sitting round since then.  Realy cant sell it for much so parts it became.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Ha'sid

• Eater of worlds
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2012, 05:24 AM »
All you got to do is change out the drives and its working again.

Vhey Uram Falco

• Always smell the milk before you drink it.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Ignore them and do your thing, vod. Looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it." -Field Marshall Rommel
Watch this, seriously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SwyKbwX3w

Mando Rider #16
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2012, 02:32 PM »
Ignore them and do your thing, vod. Looking forward to seeing how this ends up.
It wasn't meant to be rude i was simply curious.
Red ring of death, full 4 of 4 six months ago.  Bought a new one  and have had it sitting round since then.  Realy cant sell it for much so parts it became.
ya makes sense well im excited to see where this goes!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:23 AM »
A bit of advice. If you're going all metal for the backpack, Try to keep the weight down. Even fibreglass backpacks can be heavy. So don't go giving yourself a Hernia ;) .

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:37 PM »
To back up what Remo said; you want to remove all the guts from that.  Metal packs get heavy fast, even when they don't necessarily feel heavy in the beginning. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Zohar Nef

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:28 PM »
To back up what Remo said; you want to remove all the guts from that.  Metal packs get heavy fast, even when they don't necessarily feel heavy in the beginning.

Already considered that, and am planning to keep it al lite as possible.  Might even be removeing a spot or two to put lexan in and side lite it for displays and such.

Zohar Nef

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Alright some progress not a lot though.  Got a back plate made for the pack and am going to use binding posts to hold the pack togther so I can get inside it if I need to.  found and interesting piece I am useing for a second antennea  and caouple tubes as power coupelings.  So far it is maybe 3-5 lbs. and trying to keep it under 8 lbs.

bioshutt

• Haastal Videk M.A. #027
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2012, 05:13 AM »
looks good can't wait to see more

Adam V. S.
Beskar'gam http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39139.0
One mind, any weapon
My Dragons

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 25, 2012, 11:52 PM »
You MAY want to indent the backplate a bit to help it fit your back.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Zohar Nef

« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2012, 12:11 AM »
You MAY want to indent the backplate a bit to help it fit your back.

Thanks for pointing that out, though I might have a better idea.  Will post once I give it a try.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!