Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Garage Sale Salvage and Possible Boots. [Pic Heavy]

• 7 Replies

Dag

Garage Sale Salvage and Possible Boots. [Pic Heavy]
« on: Dec 21, 2012, 01:15 AM »
I just wanted to share a couple of things with you all. I resized the pictures to fall below 1000x1000, but if they are still too large I can resize again.

When I say "garage sale salvage" I mean, I saved this item from being sold in our family garage sale!  It was my own fault that it was in the "for sale" pile in the first place, but then I began my Mando kit and thought it would be a great addition.  It's a nice worn leather holster I bought at an old gun shop. It didn't fit my real pistol so I thought I would sell it. Nope! It has found a new purpose :)  It is actually it a little small for me, but I can resize it rather easily.

I found these boots at a Goodwill store for $15!  They appeared brand spankin' new, and showed no signs of having been worn. Any signs of wear on them now are from myself.  I am curious if these would make suitable boots. I've read that if the heel is too large they could get rejected once I decided to apply.  These boots have about a 2 inch heel. I also know that the "Steel Toe" imprint will have to be covered and possilbly the buckles sign the have writing on them.

Thanks for looking! Any comment and suggestions for either of these items is greatly appreciated!

Vhey Uram Falco

• Always smell the milk before you drink it.
Re: Garage Sale Salvage and Possible Boots. [Pic Heavy]
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2012, 01:20 AM »
The boots should be fine, when they say heels they mean like a woman's high heels, not your standard boot heels. Holster looks awesome, too.

Time to make armor

Dag

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2012, 01:23 AM »
Ahhh gotcha! Thanks Vhey!

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Boots and holster are great! Very nice find!

Werdla'naast

• Today is a good day for someone else to die.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:39 AM »
great finds, but you are going to want to remove the ammo loops before it will pass CRLs.

"My name says it all. Werdla'naast. It means invisible destroyer. so if you need something gone with no ties to you, i'm your man"

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:41 AM »
great finds, but you are going to want to remove the ammo loops before it will pass CRLs.
\
Nope, Ammo loops are fine.

Werdla'naast

• Today is a good day for someone else to die.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2013, 12:24 AM »
really? that changes everything  ;D

"My name says it all. Werdla'naast. It means invisible destroyer. so if you need something gone with no ties to you, i'm your man"

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked. See Signature.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2013, 01:31 PM »
that looks like it would hold a jango gun

Viciousvestments (Cecil Anthony Fuson) has had his membership revoked due to "Undisclosed Criminal History" (MMCC Bylaws:  Section 2, Major Offenses, Paragraph 8. ).  If you have outstanding sales issues with him that warrant legal action, it is suggested that you consult with local law enforcement agencies.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!