Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

honor belt question

• 6 Replies

Atin Vhett

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
honor belt question
« on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:52 PM »
Just getting starting with my costume have a couple questions. Is the rope belt a have to have? If so is there a color it has to be?

Thanks,

BlueFrog (no proper Mandalorian name yet)

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: honor belt question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:57 PM »
A proper rope belt is usually reserved for officers/council members etc. They all have their distinct colors that very by rank, and they are not required by any means. A non-officer is allowed to wear a rope, but it cannot be in any of the reserved colors. :)

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:11 PM »
Are you refering to a rank rope or a girth belt?

Rank ropes are for officers as Jaro has said. Rope Girth belts are for everyone and you could have a sash or the girth belt.

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:14 PM »
Are you refering to a rank rope or a girth belt?

Rank ropes are for officers as Jaro has said. Rope Girth belts are for everyone and you could have a sash or the girth belt.

Ah! Don't know why I didn't think he might have been asking about a girth belt.

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2013, 11:04 PM »
He said "rope belt", so I'm guesting the bolo braid belt that Jango and Boba wear. They are listed as a Journeyman Protector Honor Belt in one of the visual dictionaries. In either case, Jaro and Drago have the right of it. The rope/bolo belt around the waist is for everyone. The braided ropes that hang from the shoulder are reserved for officers.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2013, 11:28 PM »
Just getting starting with my costume have a couple questions. Is the rope belt a have to have? If so is there a color it has to be?

Thanks,

BlueFrog (no proper Mandalorian name yet)

The answer to both questions is no. However it is kind of traditional. If you don't like how that style looks some people wear a sash or something similar. You don't have to have either as long as you have some kind of belt. However, it's strongly recommended that you wear both a girth belt and an ammo belt to achieve the proper look of the costume.

Atin Vhett

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2013, 06:43 PM »
I was asking about the rope belt. Thanks for the information. I am just worried about having too much stuff around my waist with the rope belt and the belt with holster and pouches, seems like too much. I am not very big so I was kind of thinking of going with the less is more idea so I don't get overwhelmed with stuff. I think I may start without one.

Thanks again

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!