Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

hood....

• 27 Replies

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: hood....
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2013, 02:36 PM »
my question is would this pass as part of a modern day mando?

To answer your initial question. Yes it could pass.

That is all.

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2013, 03:52 PM »
I've never been a big fan of hoods, but I have to say, if this is implemented properly and the raggedy theme is carried throughout the kit, this could look very,very cool. Though I think it would look best if it was left down.

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Still a pretty cool lookin' hood anyways :P

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 82

Dral Buurenaar

• Dralkotep Cyareakaan
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Go for it! The same arguments against the hood could also be used against capes and there are many approved kits with capes. Add a bit more character with the hood and have fun!

Ship: Burk'yc bora [Risky Business]
Co-pilot: N8-R10 [Nate Arten]
Manda'galaar / MA#045

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2013, 06:44 PM »
I know Hydra's build is cool and all but.. My opinion remains the same, hoods have no place over a helmet. But yes, as long as you can be approved with it go for it, its your kit after all.

Dorittos

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2013, 02:43 AM »
I've never been a big fan of hoods, but I have to say, if this is implemented properly and the raggedy theme is carried throughout the kit, this could look very,very cool. Though I think it would look best if it was left down.

i was planing on leaving it down its for cosmetic looks and for when ever my helmet is off :P  may be i should of said this earlier hahaha

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Last time I was in a conversation like this I was senselessly banned for 24 hours, so I'm going to simply post my opinion and move on...

We"re costumers...we make what we feel is best for our build. If our Mando is a Mando who likes wearing a hood, then so be it. There are several things you can ask about hoods, and segeral answers you can give.

I see modern day soldiers wwearing ponchos that have hoods over their helmets. As stated before, it just adds character and may hold meaning. Why bother painting your armor, or wearing spikes or a loin cloth? Because it's artistic. Costume design and building is just that...it's a style and an art form. That's all.

But...don't use an Assassin's Creed Hood, you can do better :)

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2013, 08:22 AM »
Last time I was in a conversation like this I was senselessly banned for 24 hours, so I'm going to simply post my opinion and move on...

We"re costumers...we make what we feel is best for our build. If our Mando is a Mando who likes wearing a hood, then so be it. There are several things you can ask about hoods, and segeral answers you can give.

I see modern day soldiers wwearing ponchos that have hoods over their helmets. As stated before, it just adds character and may hold meaning. Why bother painting your armor, or wearing spikes or a loin cloth? Because it's artistic. Costume design and building is just that...it's a style and an art form. That's all.

I'm not a fan of hoods... But this ^^ is the troof.

Dorittos

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2013, 04:35 PM »

that is as Kelan ord said
I'm not a fan of hoods... But this ^^ is the troof.

hahah i agree with what you say and i was not thinking of using it because it looks like assassin creed it just looks like it fits a desert area :D and my spec are desert colors

Coreysnaps

• Kaiya Ardellian
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:35 PM »
My thoughts on the modern soldiers wearing hoods over helmets are simple.  Those uniforms do absolutely nothing to keep your neck warm or to keep rain water out of your collar.  Is it an in universe problem?  Probably not, but it sure seems practical to me in real life.  Plus, there has to be some reason Arabs started wearing coverings on their head and neck in their desert environment.  I say, if you want it, go for it.

"...I leave to the discretion of the MMCC merch officer." 

If you have a Supply question, please ask here: Here

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:44 PM »
Really? Come on now... You can't compare RL soldiers wearing basically big hats and swelteringly hot uniforms, to Fantasy characters wearing completely environmentally controlled suits that can even help the person inside survive in the vacuum of space for short periods of time. I agree if you want to do it, do it. But call a spade a spade.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2013, 09:22 PM »
Someone PLEASE lock this thread.

Jaro

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2013, 09:24 PM »
Yes please. This issue was asked and answered weks ago...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!