Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

survival pack

• 5 Replies

Tobyn the hutt

• #0679 GHOST LIVES!!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
survival pack
« on: Jan 11, 2013, 02:43 PM »
within a few hours of finishing up my armor i started my backpack. it's based on the pack worn by the sandtroopers on tatooine. i tried to replicate as many of the parts as i could, even managed to find a online seller that had the same inner boxes used on the original props. i will post a list of the parts soon and the links for the parts and where top get them if you choose to build a similar pack.

now for the pictures:
here is the base frame:

the inner boxes mounted to the frame:

note that the frame has been bent using a heat gun and the boxes mounted using scrap sintra and rivets.
here are the outer boxes:

outer boxes mounted along with the plunger and pvc tubing:

i still need to finish up the radio box details and need to add a few more smaller parts. i appreciate any comments.

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
Re: survival pack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:13 PM »
I liking how this looks. Gonna be watching with interest.

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29

Valeskor Zevkin

• He was bleeding before I got here...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:11 PM »
Looking goo so far. I've been interested in exploring other things besides jet-packs, so this is a refreshing turn.

-Valeskor

"Do not go recklessly searching for glory. Live well, fight with honor, and glory will find you as assuredly as the sun rises."

PEW,PEW,PEW, WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=62961.0
Snail-like progressing armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63151.0
We have a website, it is tiny: www.headtraumastudio.com

Byrek Avery

• I hunt the Bigger Fish.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2013, 12:10 AM »
I've been working on one myself for my Elite Novatrooper. I'd encourage different boxes on top of the seed trays. They look a lot like bins.

Designed by Haran Tracyn

Mercaholic: #52 24hr Member
Official Member #668
Byrek Avery's WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=47081.0

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Here's a pack that was done by an old retired member years ago:

He had used a few boat battery boxes, plumbing, and hoses.

Tobyn the hutt

• #0679 GHOST LIVES!!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:21 PM »
thanks for the photos taglar. looks like he used the studio creations tutorial. as for the bins on the top, the originals utilized tupperware boxes too:

and mine is based off of this one:

i'm not exactly sure what the corrugated part is made from but i'm going to use a pool filter i got at walmart.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!